cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited MMS, does it consume data (both Android and iPhone)?if yes, how they can be unlimited?

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

data has to be turned on to be able to receive and send pictures, just wondering if they consume data, what happens if my 250M data used up?am I able to use MMS? otherwise, it is not unlimited... we have both android phone and Iphone. thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @kateyyj Small advice for your friend that is planning to take plan with small data,

keep background data restricted

dont allow your phone to boost wifi with data (assistant should be off)

Don't allow wifi scaning in your location/gps settings

Set early warnings and limits i get the warning when i reach half 125 and i can gage how is my usage.

This way i don't really have to worry about forgetting to off my data.

I actually don't off it much anymore 

kateyyj

oh yes, i am almost free now, lol, thanks 

@kateyyj wrote:

just refered a friend, she questioned about the unlimited, lol, thanks 

Ensure your friend puts your referral code during sign up. Friends $10 bonus will be credited within 72 hours of sign up and you will get $1 off every 30 days as long as your friends account is active and in good standing.

You can get your referral code in your account.Screenshot_20200122_075123.jpg

kateyyj

just refered a friend, she questioned about the unlimited, lol, thanks 

@kateyyj wrote:

thank you, 

No problem! Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

You are welcome @kateyyj . Glad that we could help you.  Enjoy Jlo.

@kateyyj wrote:

thank you, 

kateyyj

thank you, 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Even if you had Zero data. Like the $15 plan without auto-pay you would not get any data. You only get 250mb with autopay. So if you had Zero data.. you can still send / receive MMS because it's included in the plan.

@kateyyj you are right, it has to do with the phone's functionality . You may also notice approximately a5mb drain on your data when you enable it. This is normal for PM  and will be returned to your account.  

@kateyyj wrote:

also, i dont really turn on data, so whoever send me mms, they have to notify me first, i guess this is to do with phone function not the carrier, right?

@Jb456 

What you can do which I do is leave data off. When you want to send an MMS just turn data on for it to send then turn it off again...if your data is off and someone sends you an MMS you'll get the text and it will say "download"...then you turn data on for a sec and the MMS will download to your phone. 

kateyyj

also, i dont really turn on data, so whoever send me mms, they have to notify me first, i guess this is to do with phone function not the carrier, right?

@Jb456 

kateyyj

are you sure? why i have to turn on my data though? thanks for the quick reply

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

MMS is free and not deducted from your 250 MB of data However data needs to be turned on for it to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.