cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to call local numbers

4BabyLuca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not call local numbers the message I get is:  Sorry you can not complete this call you do not have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan.

Now even trying to get my phone message I get this!!!

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@4BabyLuca  Did you recently come back from abroad? If yes, check you prefix dialing settings within your contacts.

Mark_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First, compare the area code of the called number to the number you are calling from. Both area codes should be assigned to the same area. For example, a 416 area code calling a 647 area code would be considered a local call.

Second, check the remaining available minutes on your phone plan. If your plan is out of minutes add funds to your account or considering upgrading your phone plan. 

Additionally you can try: turning off your phone then turning it back on, and updating your phone to the latest version if possible.

If the above steps have not worked contact a moderator. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the $15 plan and out of minutes?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@4BabyLuca , it might be a good idea to ask a moderator to reset the account.  This can sometimes be caused by provisioning problems.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Which PM plan did you subscribe to ? When ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@4BabyLuca you have Canada wide calling add 1 in front of all your address contacts. Your phone number may not be local to your area. The second set of numbers determine if it is local. xxx yyy xxxx. To determine if your number is local use the CNAC website to check them  http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . If you determine that this is in fact the problem,  you can change your number once every 30 day cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.