cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling to D.R.

chantale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

does anyone know if there is an add on plan that will work in Dominican Republic?

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous, You can see local networks when you scan, but you'll be rejected on all of them when you try to attach. Only emergency calls will be allowed. Most phones will not display any signal bars.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chantale wrote:

just another quick question, will my data work down there?

@chantale no, unless you have access to wi-fi network(s) while you're there of course.

You may want to look at getting a SIM card and pre-paid service from a local provider while you're there.  You can find some more info here:  http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Dominican_Republic

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chantale wrote:

what do you mean "scan" ?

A cell phone usually has the ability to manually scan for networks. Doing so would show what networks are available. Picking one and seeing what happens would be the curiosity. You can do it at home of course too (to see what all's around you). Then scan again and try another one. This is just for curiosity. I don't expect any will let you connect in DR.

chantale

what do you mean "scan" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chantale wrote:

No. Your phone will not pick up any compatible carrier.

But I'd curious if you were to scan and see what happens...:)

chantale

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@chantale wrote:

does anyone know if there is an add on plan that will work in Dominican Republic?

Sorry there is only an addon for the US

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chantale wrote:

No.  PM has only US roaming plan.

You need to get a local SIM card when you arrive.

But you can setup WhatsApp to communicate with family using airport WiFi before getting a local SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.