cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring from a phone company

Abeera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi,   Im switching out of Pc mobile into Public mobile for the $40 promotion plan. Although im having difficulties because i dont know how to do the switch. I dont want to buy the sim card and activate an account and then have 2 phone bills.  Can you let me know how i can get this done asap before the promotion ends?  Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

@Pitsey59 wrote:

I want to set up a public mobile account. I use to have a PC mobile account but got cut off. This phone I am using is from PC also. Can you help

Your phone will have to be unlocked and you need a PM sim card. You can use the new chat feature for assistance with your activation:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Pitsey59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to set up a public mobile account. I use to have a PC mobile account but got cut off. This phone I am using is from PC also. Can you help

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

vanessapage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I switched, I bought a sim card and activated it to have my phone number transferred from Telus. I received a pro-rated final bill from Telus later in the month and the service end date was the date I switched the number.

@CS_Agent wrote:

@wetcoaster, you're absolutely right. Thank you for correcting me and making it clear to other users. Abeera, could you please send us a private message, an agent will shortly get in touch with you.

@CS_Agent

Thanks for clarifying.

One more observation / request...

I realise that it's the end of the day, but could you please remember to include a link (something like this? Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team ) in your replies?

More often than not people who post here for the first time with this type of questions, that have been answered so many times with that link and according instructions, have trouble navigating the forums, let alone figuring out how to compose a private message to you guys. Providing the according link doesn't take more than a couple of seconds and would show even more consistant and proactive customer care.

Again, just IMHO.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@wetcoaster , you're absolutely right. As soon as we receive your private message we'll take care of everything :D.

If the OP want's to port their number to Public Mobile, they need an active account with PC mobile at the time of porting and their account will be shut down as they port out. Since the porting process is automated they should not contact their previous provider to cancel before the port is complete.

It's my understanding, that, depending on their actual plan with PC mobile (post paid versus prepaid), they need help from the moderator team to complete the port successfully.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there Abeera, Public Mobile is a prepaid service so you won't be charged for something you didn't purchase :). Since this is a porting could you please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look into it :D?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abeera, Here are the basic steps:

- Get SIM card

- Activate account (on the Public mobile self serve portal web site).  *IF* your PC Mobile account is post paid (not prepaid), you must use a different email address for your Public Mobile account (can't be same as PC Mobile account's email address).

- During activation, you can get a temporary number first, and then transfer your old number into Public Mobile.  Or, you can ask for the number transfer as part of your activation.

- Once your number is fully transferred to Public mobile, THEN you cancel the old PC Mobile account (if it doesn't cancel itself automatically).  Remember that the PC Mobile account MUST be active in order to transfer the number.

- Don't forget about the referral bonus.  If you enter someone's (a Public Mobile client) phone number as a referer, YOU get an additional $10 bonus.  Plus, that person gets a bonus for having referred you.

If you have any more questions, just ask!  Everyone here is friendly and helpful.

Need Help? Let's chat.