cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer phone number from other provider

galinakat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to move a phone number currently regesterd with Bell to the Public Mobile?

If yes, how to do that?

7 REPLIES 7

galinakat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your help!

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@galinakat wrote:

Is it possible to move a phone number currently regesterd with Bell to the Public Mobile?

If yes, how to do that?

Yes.  What I did was activated my SIM on Public Mobile and took one of the PM numbers. I made sure everything was working OK and, when satisfied, I used the self serve page, as others have described, to port my existing number.  There is no need to contact or speak to your existing provider at all.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@galinakat  also if you activate in the next week on a 35$ or more plan you'll get a 2gb bonus per month for 6 months 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can port (transfer) your Bell phone#.  You would need to keep your account acitve during the process.  Here is more information.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@galinakatOnce you have your Public Mobile account you can port your number over from Bell via the selfserve portal.. as long as you are the owner of the account that owns the number.

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@galinakat wrote:

If yes, how to do that?

Yes it is.  You would need to activate a sim with PM first.  It is recommended by Public Mobile to take a new number at activation. After the SIM is activated you can then log into your self serve and go to change number.  There you can select to port in your number from a previous provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@galinakat wrote:

If yes, how to do that?

Is this Bell Mobility or Bell Canada?  Wireless to wireless number transfers are usually complete within 2.5 hours, while landline to wireless number transfers are said to take up to 2 business days.

If you're transfering the number from Bell Mobility, have your Bell account number ready.  You can inititiate the number porting request by logging into your Public Mobile self serve account and performing a phone number change. Use your Bell Mobility account number, but leave the Bell IMEI and Bell account PIN blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.