cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching back to PM

Al_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been on PM for a couple of years. In December, I switched over to Telus briefly as I was sold a supposedly good deal and realized once I received my first invoice that this is not the case. I ported my number from PM over to Telus.  So now I intend to switch back, but I no longer can log-in—my PW isn't recognized.  

I'm guessing that when I ported the number away from PM, my account may have been automatically cancelled. This will likely also include all my acquired credits.... such is life!

My question here is whether I can re-activate my old PM account and if so, how? Or if I need to start from scratch again, can I use the last simcard I had or do I need to buy a new one?

Any assistance much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Al_C, contrary to what most folks are saying -- I'm not convinced you need to use a different e-mail address when you create your new PM account.  I have a feeling it was deleted from the system when you ported out, so there wouldn't be any conflicts by specifying your previous e-mail address when creating your PM account.  Of course, you'll know the actual answer when you go to try!

Based on my own experience, over a year ago I was enticed to go over to Freedom (the thought still makes me shudder when I think back!) from PM.  I ported out, and within about 2 months, I came back to PM.  I created a new account using the same e-mail address I used before.  Definitely needed new SIM card, and lost any loyalty credits I had.

I also received community rewards upon returning since my forum account was preserved, and is associated with the PM account by the e-mail address.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

You will need to open a new account with a new SIM and a new e-mail address (you can use a gmail alias for example your.name@gmail.com instead of the original yourname@gmail.com).

@Al_C more on the gmail alias trick here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lukealex121 wrote:

When you port to another provider, your old account is closed once the port is complete. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to reverse this, you’ll need to “start fresh” with PM, porting your number back and making a new account. 

I’m not 100% sure if you can reuse your old PM sim, as far as I know it wouldn’t work (since it was “linked” to your old account), but possibly someone else may be able to shed some light on that, or you could simply try it to see if it would work. 

EDIT: it turns out people answer the SIM thing as I was typing this out. I guess that answers your question. 

I hope this helps!

@lukealex121

While technically SIM cards could be re-activated, Canadian carriers treat it as a "single use" item. Once it's deactivated the SIM is trash.

Al_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good tip, thanks!

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you port to another provider, your old account is closed once the port is complete. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to reverse this, you’ll need to “start fresh” with PM, porting your number back and making a new account. 

I’m not 100% sure if you can reuse your old PM sim, as far as I know it wouldn’t work (since it was “linked” to your old account), but possibly someone else may be able to shed some light on that, or you could simply try it to see if it would work. 

EDIT: it turns out people answered the SIM thing as I was typing this out. I guess that answers your question. 

I hope this helps!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

You will need to open a new account with a new SIM and a new e-mail address (you can use a gmail alias for example your.name@gmail.com instead of the original yourname@gmail.com).

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Al_C wrote:

I've been on PM for a couple of years. In December, I switched over to Telus briefly as I was sold a supposedly good deal and realized once I received my first invoice that this is not the case. I ported my number from PM over to Telus.  So now I intend to switch back, but I no longer can log-in—my PW isn't recognized.  

I'm guessing that when I ported the number away from PM, my account may have been automatically cancelled. This will likely also include all my acquired credits.... such is life!

My question here is whether I can re-activate my old PM account and if so, how? Or if I need to start from scratch again, can I use the last simcard I had or do I need to buy a new one?

Any assistance much appreciated.

@Al_CYou need to start from scratch. New sim card. New account.

Need Help? Let's chat.