cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched providers, will I get a refund?

OKJoy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

unfortunately i had to switch providers recently, was wondering if I'll get a refund for any monthly fees that I won't be able to use

13 REPLIES 13

@Metal1967 

You've got @Anonymous all wrong he's not a miller time kinda guy it's coming up on wine o'clock that's when its fun around here!

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : "won't be able to use" implies closed. Defunct. If he had said "not going to use" then maybe. But why would anyone think they could get their money back for something that isn't closed? Then they would ask how to cancel.

I'm mostly just goofin' around with some regulars though.

Yes @Anonymous 

Still a good idea to cover all the bases because the rare OP (certainly not this one) sometimes don't even know they're playing ball.

Know what i mean?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Z10 look at the time...😬

E1CDC22E-5ADB-4862-85B5-0342A15F9DAE.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

I think he's drunk again! 🤭

Nah. Been there done that. A bit of a buzz is sufficient now. Not yet today though.

I think he's drunk again! 🤭

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : "won't be able to use" implies closed. Defunct. If he had said "not going to use" then maybe. But why would anyone think they could get their money back for something that isn't closed? Then they would ask how to cancel.

I'm mostly just goofin' around with some regulars though.

Geez @Anonymous 

And how does that denote that the customer ported their number?

It's possible (albeit unlikely) customer could have activated a new account with another supplier with a new number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did we read the OP _and_ the subject line? In English, using the suffix "ed" at the end of many words classifies them as past tense. And had is a past tense variation of have. Both mean done. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@OKJoy 

If you already ported your number to the new provider, what was left on your plan is gone and the account becomes deactivated.

If you haven't ported the number yet, the service is still available for you to use until the cycle is done. If you are registered for auto-pay, would recommend removing your auto payment card if number/service with Public Mobile still active. 

EDIT:  Like @Korth just posted.  🤣

If the number was ported from Public Mobile to the new operator then the Public Mobile account was terminated. Any minutes, gigabytes, available funds, add-ons, and rewards attached to the account are gone forever. The phone number lost (unassigned). The linked SIM card permanently deactivated (cannot be re-activated).

But if the number was not ported - you just got a new random/selected/assigned number at the new operator - then the Public Mobile account (and everything attached to it) still exist. The account would become suspended (inactive) after the plan "expires" (didn't renew because insufficient available funds and no AutoPay). The suspended account would remain suspended (and intact) for 90 more days before it gets terminated (closed forever).

You wouldn't be able to get any refund. But you could reactivate the plan (at no charge) any time. Or you could transfer it to someone else (they'd need your PM SIM card and would get your PM phone number, though they could change the phone number).

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@OKJoy wrote:

Hi there,

unfortunately i had to switch providers recently, was wondering if I'll get a refund for any monthly fees that I won't be able to use

Hi @OKJoy sorry no refund.  PM is prepaid. so once paid, your money is gone.

Sorry to see you go but we wish you well.

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OKJoy : Policy says no. Pretty common for pre-paid providers.

@OKJoy wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry, but you won't. The remaining time and account balances were forfeited when the phone number was ported out.

Need Help? Let's chat.