cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

similatr to chatr $20 plan w/500 minutes, unlimited incoming,and voice mail

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello ,

my friend want to activate public mobile, but he saw that Chatr is a new $20 talk and txt  plan which included: 

500 minutes Canada-wide Talk

Canada-wide Talk applies to calls placed anywhere in Canada to another Canadian phone number.,Unlimited Incoming Canada-wide Talk and Voicemail/

Will public mobile have someting the same coe out soon?

Meowin

17 REPLIES 17

@Korth @mimmo 

Freebies will also help with retention. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@Korth  it is not a given that we will get the free extras  next year.

That is true.

Although I imagine there will be endless complaints complaints complaints all over this forum if Public Mobile doesn't hand out something again around xmas. It's become a sort of impromptu tradition - and for many people (particularly those who've joined in the last year or two) it's also become an expectation.

Either way, Chatr has never given gifts to Chatr subscribers. So if you want these sorts of gifts then Public Mobile is still your best bet.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'll jump in on this too, that the free bonus/gifts/extras are Public Mobile's way of saying thanks and giving their loyal customers a little boost.  With the pandemic last year, depending on how business was during COVID + how they foresee things going, we're hoping they will continue that trend, but is possible they may not be able to either.  🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth  it is not a given that we will get the free extras  next year.

@Meowington 

Your friend would get more with Public Mobile $15 plan plus $5 add-on. Not mentioned above is that the add-on minutes don't need to be purchased again until they're all used up. Unused add-on minutes (and add-on data) remain attached to the account indefinitely. Interestingly, Chatr's add-on minutes cost more and expire after a while.

Your friend would also pay less with Public Mobile by just activating AutoPay. And would pay even less after each year of Loyalty, after each Referral, etc. Chatr doesn't have Rewards.

Chatr also doesn't have gifts. Stick around Public Mobile for a year or two and you'll accumulate a bunch of free extras.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : The add-ons and rewards are what keep me here. Only here and Koodo do this with add-ons. Only here has these levels of rewards.

BlueB

@darlicious 

It's hard to say... I know people who go through a LOT of call minutes on a regular basis, so that 8+ hours of minutes can disappear every month.  It's a tradeoff, but is nice to have that rollover feature for sure.  🙂

@Jacques16 

Très bien dit. Je suis tout à fait d'accord et profite de rėcompenses plus que gratuites.

Jacques16
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Je ne crois pas que c'est avantageux d'être avec chat.

Ya tu les texto partout dans le monde,,

J'ai le forfait à 15$ qui est 13 car je paye chaque mois et depuis tout le temps que je suis client avec public mobile ça baisse de 1$ chaque moin par chaque année, je suis rendu pour mon payement chaque mois à 7$ par mois,

De plus j'ai acheté un bloc de temps de 500 minutes  à 5$ vla plusieurs mois et je l'utilise pas  et expire jamais

La même chose pour internet il expire pas si t'achète 1g exemple, il reste bon jusqu'à expiration, j'ai 250m gratuit chaque mois

Alors il y a aucune compagnie qui arrive avec. Public mobile

Rester avec public mobile c'est comme avoir un compte à banque

Sauf que public mobile de paye des intérêts chaque mois

Cest le meilleur 

@BlueB 

With the chatr plan you waste any unused minutes each month with pm they roll over so you really don't have log in that often to purchase the $5/500 add on that it's inconvenient. It took me a year to finally deplete one of my $5/500 min add ons. Making the plan cost about $15.42 ( - rewards)

BlueB

@Meowington 

A really smart solution by @softech for the base $15 + $5 Add-on - $2 AutoPay for $18/month, cheaper than Chatr's $20/month with AutoPay (for data). 

The only thing is that this would be a little cumbersome, requiring to manually top-up, then purchase Add-Ons every cycle but you do get that rollover option since the Add-On minutes won't expire.

With that solution, I'm unsure whether Public Mobile will "match" that plan... the more complicated things get, the better chances are that our prices will start going up.  🙂

@softech wrote:

and yes.. as reminded by @LurganIeUk , with the $2 autopay, you are just paying

$18 for 600 mins and could be just $13 for some months assuming you dun used up all the minutes all the time.

@softech A very well thought out response. And the best answer to keep with the cost to $20. Well done!!!

But for the OP would this plan be better with a bit of an extra cost?

IMG_6045.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meowington : 500 minutes is a nice bump-up but Chatr has overages and their add-ons don't stay on the account until used.

and yes.. as reminded by @LurganIeUk , with the $2 autopay, you are just paying

$18 for 600 mins and could be just $13 for some months assuming you dun use up all the minutes every month

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would have to check the announcements section for any new offers an plans.  PM does make plan changes to keep up with competitors.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Meowington 

PM has $15 plan, 100 mins only. 

HOWEVER, you can add $5 add-ons for 500 min.  The beauty for this add-ons is it is non-expiring.  So, if you didn't use them up, it will roll over to next month until all used up.  

So, you are paying $20 for 600 mins, out of which 500 could be roll over and hence the next month you may just pay $15 unless you are out of the mins   🙂

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Meowington wrote:

Hello ,

my friend want to activate public mobile, but he saw that Chatr is a new $20 talk and txt  plan which included: 

500 minutes Canada-wide Talk

Canada-wide Talk applies to calls placed anywhere in Canada to another Canadian phone number.,Unlimited Incoming Canada-wide Talk and Voicemail/

Will public mobile have someting the same coe out soon?

Meowin

How does the $25 PM plan match.....a bit better? $25 - $2 for auto-pay - $1 off per year of loyalty - $1 to $100 of referrals = less than $20. 

Need Help? Let's chat.