cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not working

emilyflemming1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i had bought a sim card, set it up for my girlfriend, the payment went through and everything. i've tried the sim card on the phone she has, and my old one that was also with public before i got my new one, and it just keeps saying no sim card. what do i do?

4 REPLIES 4

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@emilyflemming1 wrote:

i had bought a sim card, set it up for my girlfriend, the payment went through and everything. i've tried the sim card on the phone she has, and my old one that was also with public before i got my new one, and it just keeps saying no sim card. what do i do?

@emilyflemming1 

You can try removing the SIM and re-inserting it. 

As you said you have used the second phone with PM before it could be that sim card is faulty?

Usually, that's not the case but it could happen.

If you have already tried turning the airplane mode on/off, restarting the phone, take the sim card out and reinstalling the sim card and it still does not fix it.

If you bought the sim card online.

Then I would recommend you get in touch with the moderators to have this issue looked into.

1)Click on the green question mark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.

This connects to the Autobot Simon.

2)Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on the "account-specific" question and human and submit a ticket)

Or contact them directly using this  Moderator_Team

In your message include:
- account email address, pin number 
- PM phone number

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@emilyflemming1 

Maybe try rebooting phone with PM Sim card.  

Which model phone does your friend have?  

Maybe try the SIM card in your phone?  To determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@emilyflemming1 wrote:

So you've tried 2 SIM cards and both say "no sim"?

Looks like her phone is not detecting the SIM card. Is there another SIM card you can try to confirm (your current SIM or her old SIM if she has one?)

If problem persists, you can try attaching a piece of tape on the back on the SIM card so it improves the contact.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is the phone unlocked ?  If you have another phone then try putting in it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.