cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short-term plan changes

ovesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I'm planning to go to the US for a few days, is it possible to change my plan for just those few days and then change it back?

Would I be billed only for the relative portion of those days out of the month?

If this is possible, what are some of the possible side effects of making a change like that?

4 REPLIES 4

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ovesh Just to add to what's already mentioned, if you are currently on a grandfathered plan (any plan that is no longer offered in the plan selector, pre-made or build-your-own), then you will lose that plan permanently as soon as you make any change.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yea, like @geopublic said, there's no refunds on prepaid plans. You will be billed right away for the full balance of the new plan each time you switch, and will forfeit anything left in previous plan, so definitely not going to help you save money, if that's what you were hoping for.

Also, in case you weren't aware, there are some US add-ons that you can add to your plan if you want to use your phone while you are away. They cost between $8 and $20 and expire after 10 days.

@ovesh wrote:

If I'm planning to go to the US for a few days, is it possible to change my plan for just those few days and then change it back?

If this is possible, what are some of the possible side effects of making a change like that?

Not only are there no refunds for the plan that you had already paid for, but the full amount for the new plan would also be due upon for.each change.  There is no proration offered.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ovesh wrote:

@ovesh  Not worth it. Public Mobile is prepaid that means you are pre paying for your 30 or 90 day plan there are no refunds. Not worth the hassle to do anything for a couple of days. If you were going for a couple of months that is a different story.

Need Help? Let's chat.