cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service interrupted

Abyssin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am not able to place calls in my area since 2 days. Everytime I try to call another numbers in my area I receive the same message right away: You don't have the permission to place a long distance call. It's really surprising me since I am calling people in my area...

Please help

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Abyssin  Unfortunately calling toll free numbers counts against your outgoing minutes. When calling toll free numbers it's best to leave a call back number if available to avoid using up your minutes.

Officially. 🙂 Maybe they've fixed it.

@Abyssin : did you get these minutes from the usage logs in the self-serve? Or from your phone? Using the self-serve log, round up _each_ call to the next minute. 2 minutes and 13 seconds would be 3 minutes. Add each outgoing line to get your total. If you're over 100 then start subtracting toll frees and NANP and look at calls to voicemail to see if you can get down to 100 or less.

@Abyssin  Unfortunately calling toll free numbers counts against your outgoing minutes. When calling toll free numbers it's best to leave a call back number if available to avoid using up your minutes.

@Abyssin wrote:

I am not having the line where I can see the time used for calls.

I just count the time I used to make outgoing calls (since the incoming calls are free) by adding all outgoing calls displayed on usage history since the last 30 days (since 11 jan 2020):

- I use 63mn for outgoing calls

- I use 37mn to call a free number 1800----- which it shouldn't count but it seems that Public Mobile count it and interrupt my account !!!

I open a ticket and I hope that they will give me back this time...

@Abyssin 

You should check your calls made since your last renewal date, which is when your current cycle/period started. To find your last renewal date, check your payment history.

Also keep these things in mind:

1. All calls are rounded up by the minute.
2. The call timer starts as soon as you press dial/talk on your phone.
3. If you call to check your voicemail from your phone, these calls count towards your outgoing minutes. To avoid this, you can check your voicemail remotely from another phone.

Since you have used up all your minutes: To enable calling on your account again, you can purchase 500 minutes Canada-wide calling add-on for $5. This works out to 1 cent per minute. This add-on will remain on your account until all the minutes are fully consumed.

Abyssin

I am not having the line where I can see the time used for calls.

I just count the time I used to make outgoing calls (since the incoming calls are free) by adding all outgoing calls displayed on usage history since the last 30 days (since 11 jan 2020):

- I use 63mn for outgoing calls

- I use 37mn to call a free number 1800----- which it shouldn't count but it seems that Public Mobile count it and interrupt my account !!!

I open a ticket and I hope that they will give me back this time...

@Abyssin  More than likely you have used up your 100 minutes. It is recommended for limited calling plans to purchase the 500 minute calling add-on for $5. The add-on does not expire until all used up and only kicks in when you don't have any remaining minutes on your regular plan. It's ah good backup to have.

@Abyssin wrote:

I still able to send texto and receive calls but unable to place any calls to anyplace. On my account page I have this message:

Pay your account by 11:59pm on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

It's surprising me since my cycle begun on the 11 jan 2020 and I didn't use my 100mn. I think so. I am not sure. Where I can see my time usage?

I have to mention that my plan is 100mn + 250mb+5$ off per 30 days and my plan start evry 11 of each month and I use Public Mobile since 11 Nov 2019. I receive only 2$ off each month and now Public Mobile Bloc my subscription !!!

I am very disapointed...

To see how much calling time you have left, check your account under "My Data and Add-ons". It should display 100 Canada-wide calling minutes: xx/100

If you no longer see this line, it means you have already consumed your 100 minutes for out-going calls for the current cycle.

Btw PM plans are good for 30 days, not exactly by the month.

Thanks @Abyssin . First off, your plan resets every 30 days. The next one should be on the 8th of February. Secondly you can check your minutes in my account .  If you are out of minutes you can buy the 500 minutes $5 add on. It transfers monthly until all the minutes are expired. 

If you have minutes, then contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket 

@Abyssin wrote:

I still able to send texto and receive calls but unable to place any calls to anyplace. On my account page I have this message:

Pay your account by 11:59pm on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

It's surprising me since my cycle begun on the 11 jan 2020 and I didn't use my 100mn. I think so. I am not sure. Where I can see my time usage?

I have to mention that my plan is 100mn + 250mb+5$ off per 30 days and my plan start evry 11 of each month and I use Public Mobile since 11 Nov 2019. I receive only 2$ off each month and now Public Mobile Bloc my subscription !!!

I am very disapointed...

Abyssin

I am very disapointed...

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Abyssin where you ever able to place calls? Did you port your number? We need more information .

@Abyssin wrote:

Hello,

I am not able to place calls in my area since 2 days. Everytime I try to call another numbers in my area I receive the same message right away: You don't have the permission to place a long distance call. It's really surprising me since I am calling people in my area...

Please help

Thanks

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Abyssin wrote:

Hello,

Please help

Thanks

Try restarting your phone.

Are you able to make calls to other areas? Are you able to receive calls?

Does texting in/out work?

Logon your self-serve account (or call 611). What is the status of your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.