cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming

angelamachuik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all:

I bought the add-on for US roaming, data, talk and text. It doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting the message: "Sorry your current plan does not include US roaming text messaging,,," even though it went through on lmy credit card $20 plus tax. HELP! I'm in Hawaii and I need to text my kids back home in Canada.

22 REPLIES 22

HI @Ali-5 

you need roaming addon, but PM only has roaming in US.  

if you are not in US, sorry, there is no roaming, you need to use travel esim or local data sim

Ali-5

I need help to roaming my number 

@MKThailand  System settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Network (Android).

@MKThailand  For data to work make sure roaming is turned on. Also make sure you haven't setup your network to manually connect to PM. It should be set to automatic.

If it's still not working power down your device remove the sim wait for 5 minutes reinsert your sim and start up your device.

MKThailand
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where in the world is that on my phone?

MKThailand

I did both steps. First I got credit to my account. then i made the purchase and they debited my freshly credited account. It all shows up in my account as fully purchased.

MKThailand

i am in Idaho.

@MKThailand wrote:

I did both steps. I purchased the $20 thing. I got $20 credit on my account. Then I purchased the add on and my account was debited. It's all recorded on my account today

The 10 Day US Roaming add-on will work when you're in US...otherwise you won't be able to call any US numbers from Canada unless you have a US or International calling add-on.

@MKThailand you're currently in USA?

Try manually switching networks from ATT to T-Mobile or vice versa

MKThailand

I did both steps. I purchased the $20 thing. I got $20 credit on my account. Then I purchased the add on and my account was debited. It's all recorded on my account today

@MKThailand  US roaming works. Purchasing the add-on is a two step process. Sounds like you only did the first step to find your account. You still need to go in and purchase the desired US roaming add-on.

@MKThailand  what's your issue? More details the better!

MKThailand

was there ever a solution? I'm ready to change mobile companies. I paid. I cannot get it to work. I need to use the phone while I am traveling! Help!

lskelly

Added US roaming yesterday, and the add-on was active.  Arrived in the US today, restarted the phone, let it auto-select the mobile network (T-mobile) and it worked perfectly within a few minutes.

levym

This is not a recent problem. I experienced this problem on Oct 16 2019 while in US. I was pretty sure I purchased the right add on for $20 but was told the same message "Sorry your current plan does not include US roaming text messaging,,,". I asked PM for assistance on the problem and for remimbursement but was told by several PM members that I simply selected the wrong add on. Now I'm not so sure as I see there are becomoing more and more members experiencing the same problem. Will be watching for PM's resolution explaination on this issue.

@geopublic wrote:

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

I bought the add-on for US roaming, data, talk and text. It doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting the message: "Sorry your current plan does not include US roaming text messaging,,," even though it went through on lmy credit card $20 plus tax. HELP! I'm in Hawaii and I need to text my kids back home in Canada.

@Tiana_V  Many customers are reporting similar issues with US roaming addons not working. Maybe if this is a system wide issue it would be best to acknowledge the problem and make an appropriate announcement.

@geopublic  

here is the response I got from PM when I posed the question to them earlier today.  I was hoping that they would have made a public announcement.

@Tiana_V wrote:
@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Tiana_V, over the last couple of days there has been a large number of community members coming on here stating that they are not able to use the calling or texting features of the US roaming addons.  The data seems to be working but does PM know what the issue could be with the calling and texting features on this Addon

Thanks for highlighting this issue! Our team has already identified it and is currently investigating. I will be providing updates as necessary. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

@Tiana_V  Many customers are reporting similar issues with US roaming addons not working. Maybe if this is a system wide issue it would be best to acknowledge the problem and make an appropriate announcement.

angelamachuik

thank you so much for your help!

@geopublic wrote:

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

@angelamachuik Many customers are reporting issues with the US roaming addons for the past couple of days. Best to submit a ticket to PM @CS_Agent for a resolution. If you have access to wifi maybe try to contact your kid via Google Duo or FaceTime. Google Hangouts dialer is also another app to use for making calls

To submit a ticket to PM do the following:

stpm-new.png

thank you so much for your help

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

@angelamachuik Many customers are reporting issues with the US roaming addons for the past couple of days. Best to submit a ticket to PM @CS_Agent for a resolution. If you have access to wifi maybe try to contact your kid via Google Duo or FaceTime. Google Hangouts dialer is also another app to use for making calls

To submit a ticket to PM do the following:

stpm-new.png

@hairbag1 wrote:

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

The US Roaming Add-ons have been acting glitchy for the past couple of days. Seems like only data works...sometimes.

You can try a free app like TextNow which will allow you to make free calls and texts as long as you have a robust wifi signal.

Yes, I've been reading a lot about that, so if the add-on was added to the account properly, this could be another one of these situations. A bunch of people seem to be trying to figure this out at this point.

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

I suggest logging into Self Serve and checking if the add-on was actually added or if the the $20 balance was added to your account balance. If you see an extra $20 in your account balance, that means that the add-on was never purchased. When purchasing an add-on, the self serve system will not allow it unless the funds are already in the account. So if you they're not there, all goign through the process does is apply a top up. You woul then need to go through the procedure again to make the actual purchase.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@angelamachuik wrote:

Hi all:

The US Roaming Add-ons have been acting glitchy for the past couple of days. Seems like only data works...sometimes.

You can try a free app like TextNow which will allow you to make free calls and texts as long as you have a robust wifi signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.