cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrival of old number

duele86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

Im having trouble trying to retrieve my old number back when my phone was lost about 4 months ago. I cannot log into the account to do my self serve because that account has a new number and I want to keep it that way. I bought a new sim card and im trying to activate with the old number some how. Its a public mobile number and not active at this time.

14 REPLIES 14

@gblackma The moderators should be able to look if the number is available and assign it to the customer assuming that there has not been a number change on the new account in the last 30 days.

@duele86  In December when I activated I got my area code and got to type in the last 4 digits that I wanted. 

homelifegolcond
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you will need to get a new one

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire
@duele86

After 90 days you need to open a new account with a new email the old email will no longer work. The only hope for your old number could be to contact the moderators and ask if your number was frozen and has not been put back into circulation.

Contact them here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

duele86

its been over 90 days and the number was a public mobile number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@duele86 wrote:

I have called and it says its not in service. So its good to go?

The newly canceled number is still stay in  the recycle waiting pool for 90 days before your old number be used again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@duele86 wrote:

Hello, 

Im having trouble trying to retrieve my old number back when my phone was lost about 4 months ago. I cannot log into the account to do my self serve because that account has a new number and I want to keep it that way. I bought a new sim card and im trying to activate with the old number some how. Its a public mobile number and not active at this time.

If you did not pay your plan fee on your renewal date, your account will be suspended.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled and your phone number will be return to the provider who gave you that number.  Cancel number will be recycled right away for reuse again.  It is in the recycle waiting pool for about 90 days.

If your number is from Telus, Koodo or PM, contact moderator to look for your number in the recycle waiting poor.

If your number is from non Telus providers, it will cost you more to get it back. i.e. create an account in your old provider and port it over to PM again.

duele86

I was thinking that. Its funny I cannot find a place to type in the last 4 digits or anywhere to try and select a number. Unless I try to "port it" but that wont work ethier. 

@duele86  have you tried typing the last 4 digits of the number and see if it comes up for you when you try to activate the new SIM? It may work. If not, and I dont know if this is possible there isn't a 100% guarantee here. Activate your new SIM with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators and ask them to switch it for you. @computergeek541 , @Luddite, @ShawnC13   is this possible? Thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @duele86 

You could try contacting moderators if you can't locate it

Try getting to the same exchange and toggle with another one until you get the first 3 numbers then choose the last four.

You can contact moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

customer support.jpeg

@duele86 follow @gblackma suggestion here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

duele86

I have called and it says its not in service. So its good to go?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@duele86 try calling it. If someone answers, then it's probably gone. If not, try contacting the moderators and see if they can catch it for you. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@duele86 sorry, unfortunately after 90 days the account is deleted and the number released.

Need Help? Let's chat.