cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewing usa text package after 10 days

crookedlake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi

i purchased a 10 day us text pkg on may 3 and so it should expire may 13.  i go into the add ons to try and add another text pkg to cover me until we leave the states on may 17.  but in the add on section under text option it is just blank rather than the plus icon to click to add.  not sure what to do since i don't know if i am covered for the rest of the day may 13 and icon will appear midnight tonight to be able to add on us texting.  i do know i have to add funds to purchase but where that texting section is blank it doesn't give me the option.  all the other sections for data and calling bundles are there and able to click on any one of them.  i really don't want to get any unexpected charges so please advise asap.  tks 

10 REPLIES 10

@crookedlake, as you added the plan on May 3, today, May 12 is day 10.  The day you add it, is day 1, whether you add it at 00:01 or at 23:59.  Times Eastern.

Tomorrow, you should be able to add the same option again, OR you should be able to add another roaming addon with the texting option to get you by if you need it today.  Please note, I've never have used the roaming features, and am only going by my recollection of what I've read before.

@Taz12004 wrote:

what could have happened is that when you renewed your usa add on or plan when it was done it could have taken effect again once the one you already have has expired. i know when i have changed my plan gives me an option to have it take effect now or it will have the other option to have it take effect once my plan expires so it probably went through like a plan change it will just take effect again once the previous one has expired. similar to a plan change

@Taz12004  US Roaming add-ons do not have that option and work differemtly that regular Public Mobile plans.

Taz12004

what could have happened is that when you renewed your usa add on or plan when it was done it could have taken effect again once the one you already have has expired. i know when i have changed my plan gives me an option to have it take effect now or it will have the other option to have it take effect once my plan expires so it probably went through like a plan change it will just take effect again once the previous one has expired. similar to a plan change

TiffanyD

I had an 10 day US package that was expiring on thursday so I went in a day early and topped up but lost it the next say when my original plan was to expire. Been emailing since Friday. Can anyone help? 

Taz12004

i was just wondering that maybe if encounter that again with other things or add ons that maybe you can try hitting the refresh button ant the top left hand of the screen so can reload as could be that the page didnt load properly and hitting reresh button to refresh the screen may when reload correct the issue

@crookedlake wrote:

ok thanks, i just wasn't sure if i was covered for the rest of the day may 13th.  will add on after midnight tonight when it expires. thanks for your help.

But you will have a 1 day delay before you can buy the same add-on....or the moderator can help you as saud above @will13am  but the waiting time is few hours to 2 days....

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@crookedlake If you don’t want to wait you can already by a different roaming add-on...

crookedlake

ok thanks, i just wasn't sure if i was covered for the rest of the day may 13th.  will add on after midnight tonight when it expires. thanks for your help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@crookedlake, to prevent purchasing of the same add-on prior to expiration, you don't see the add-on until the previous purchase has been expired.  You should see it a day later.  If you need to repurchase it right away, you need to contact the moderator team and they can override the system and make the purchase for you.  It is a bit inconvenient but it is an artefact of the system not allowing customers to buy add-ons in advance and set a start date in the future.  Anyway, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@crookedlake wrote:

hi

i purchased a 10 day us text pkg on may 3 and so it should expire may 13.  i go into the add ons to try and add another text pkg to cover me until we leave the states on may 17.  but in the add on section under text option it is just blank rather than the plus icon to click to add.  not sure what to do since i don't know if i am covered for the rest of the day may 13 and icon will appear midnight tonight to be able to add on us texting.  i do know i have to add funds to purchase but where that texting section is blank it doesn't give me the option.  all the other sections for data and calling bundles are there and able to click on any one of them.  i really don't want to get any unexpected charges so please advise asap.  tks 

@crookedlake  Because you are trying to add the same add-on you will have to wait for the first one to expire before you can add it.

Need Help? Let's chat.