cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving text outside Canada

matty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

Ineed your help, i need to receive a text from td bank but i am in Spain and i am not getting anything, what add on should i buy? because the only add on about texting i see is U.S roaming which i am guessing it doesnt apply here. What should i do? i really need that text.

5 REPLIES 5

I am not certain that I would consider service on a Canadian cell carrier while roaming in Spain a Basic Service but of course it is a service that is available on higher priced carriers. One needs to use a service that provides the services that they will need. I think email rather than text is an option for account verification with banks which is likely more universal when travelling.

AE_Collector

matty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats so bad! They dont have such a basic service...this is my last month using PM then.

Thanks for your answer!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matty 

I installed Fongo app on my phone.  My TD bank account can call or text my mobile # as well as my Fongo #.  When TD bank wants to verify my ID, I have a choice which # to use.

SInce you are NOT in Canada, TD may not let you add a verification number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer roaming except in the US. If you have access to wi-fi then you could apps like TextNow or WhatsApp.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm afraid there is no solution to your issues. Pm only works in Canada and the us. Call your bank and see if they have any alternative solutions.

Need Help? Let's chat.