cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"sorry to see you go!"

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am an early supporter of Wind so even after signing up for the Fall 2016 promo, I maintained my "All in the Family" with Wind (now Freedom) for $15 (Unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited Can/US texting, voice mail, caller ID, forwarding). As of last week, legacy plans became eligible for LTE data at no additional cost, so my $10 add on for for 3GB data became eligible for LTE connection as well. Essentially, the plan is now $25 with 3Gig LTE. 

Yesterday, instead of porting back to Freedom, I tried to reach out to PM, asking if I can convert my Fall 2016 $120 for 12 Gigs (3months) to $75 for 9Gigs 3months (or $25 for 3Gigs per month) just like the one I am getting from Freedom. The answer was an outright NO. Reminded the mod of the concept of #retention after simply saying "sad to see you go", but #nolove.

8 REPLIES 8

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jattstar wrote:

I came over in the same promotion around the same time. One of the reasons I left Freedom/Wind was because the service was terrible. I put up for it for years because, like you "loyalty to my wallet". When service started impacting me making/taking calls, it was a no brainer for me. 

I don't know if the new LTE network is as robust as Public/Telus network. I am okay paying extra bucks for good quality service. 

My 2 cents. 

Same...Freedom had worked just OK for me. When my work location changed, it went from just OK to bearable. Then my work location changed again and it became non-servicable. Hence I changed to PM (since Fido/Rogers is pretty much non-servicable as well). 

So anyway, I ended up getting the Tablet Promo from Freedom just yesterday. They're talking about it at RFD's, and I have posted some speed tests, since I also had the Fido Promo from last year (so I am doing literal side by side comparisons). 

For now, Freedom has been faster than Fido in 2 of 3 tests. Fido can't, it seems, and as I have found for the most part, exceed 10Mbps, but Freedom has been able to get closer to 25Mbps (in my house). Fido was able to do up to 60Mbps outside my house. I believe PM was around 30Mbps (again, at my house, but faster elsewhere - like 135Mbps). Haven't done enough testing outside my house with Freedom speedcheck wise.

Of course Freedom has been expanding and network upgrades - so I'm going to start chucking the tablet everywhere I got to do random testing. 4GB full-speed is still unlimited if you go over, unlike Fido where you are charged for overage, and PM, where you need to keep an eye on it, otherwise you may have no coverage for a few days, weeks, months? 

TGE

I also just came over from Wind/Freedom. Much like everyone else, I was loyal to my wallet. But now I couldn't even get signal in the downtown core of Toronto. 

Their customer service is terrible. It took me 3 tries to explain if I could transfer my account to someone else. They kept insisting I was trying to port my number over. I've seen people spending hours upon hours negotiating the best plan with Rogers, Bell, etc. I don't have time to do that, so I'm happy to hear that everyone gets the same plan.

Anyhow, that's in the past.. I'm happy to transfer to PM. A more reliable service. 

jattstar

I came over in the same promotion around the same time. One of the reasons I left Freedom/Wind was because the service was terrible. I put up for it for years because, like you "loyalty to my wallet". When service started impacting me making/taking calls, it was a no brainer for me. 

I don't know if the new LTE network is as robust as Public/Telus network. I am okay paying extra bucks for good quality service. 

My 2 cents. 

@Quest wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The strategy of giving everyone the same access to discounts has its benefits in that everyone knows where they stand.  For those who are better negotiators, this may not fit well.  There's never a one size fits all in a diverse marketplace.  Always go where the deals are.  Loyalty to the wallet first!

@will13am  to the Wallet and Good Reliable NetworkSmiley LOL

Yes of course.

Quest

@will13am wrote:

The strategy of giving everyone the same access to discounts has its benefits in that everyone knows where they stand.  For those who are better negotiators, this may not fit well.  There's never a one size fits all in a diverse marketplace.  Always go where the deals are.  Loyalty to the wallet first!

@will13am  to the Wallet and Good Reliable NetworkSmiley LOL

MEU_21

@evergreen wrote:

I am an early supporter of Wind so even after signing up for the Fall 2016 promo, I maintained my "All in the Family" with Wind (now Freedom) for $15 (Unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited Can/US texting, voice mail, caller ID, forwarding). As of last week, legacy plans became eligible for LTE data at no additional cost, so my $10 add on for for 3GB data became eligible for LTE connection as well. Essentially, the plan is now $25 with 3Gig LTE. 

Yeah, in retrospect, I regret upgrading the other line to the $50 Everywhere(59) because the Freedom 35 with 5gb would have more than sufficed. Hindsight is always 20/20.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@evergreen that's one of the best things about PM is that everyone is treated more or less the same, and you can't hold them hostage over threat of leaving and get a better deal than other people can get.  I've always hated that retention dance with the other providers, though I have to admit Telus was always pretty good to me when I phoned in and asked for things.  Even still, I made out much better moving to PM.  That aside though, yes PM does not have the ability to match some amazing deal you're getting with FM, so by all means, go enjoy that deal there.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.