cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You currently don't have 'talk' on your plan." Problem is: I DO have talk. Can't make calls.

fallsviewafro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any time I try to make an outgoign call I'm met with the Public Mobile voice informing me I'm unable to make a call because I don't have talk on my plan.

Well, I do. I have rebooted my phone and verified that I indeed do have talk on my plan. No other recent hardware or plan changes. Just woke up today and couldn't make a call.

When will this be resolved? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@Neelash 

No worries! Thats what were here for....youre very welcome.

Neelash

Thanks i lot for your help. I just purchase the 5$ add on and all is fine now.

Really appreciate

@Neelash 

Yes....do you want to renew early? You would be better off purchasing the $5/500 min calling add on. It will roll over every month until its completely used up. This way you dont have to worry about running out of minutes every month or not. It could last for years if you only need an extra 10 minutes or so......

To purchase the add on ....clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in chrome, firefox or safari  and log in. Go to plans and add ons. Click on the $5/500 min add on. Then scroll down  to the payment button . It will ask you to agree to purchase $5 and click submit to purchase. Go to your overview page and it will appear at the bottom left along with your unlimited incoming calling and unlimited texing features.

If you want to renew early you must contact bhe moderators to do that. Click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen. Type renew plan early. Human. Then follow the prompts to submit. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Neelash

Am trying to make outgoing calls but i am getting a voice informing i am not suscribe for this. I have the 15$ plan. My next plan supposely to start 13. Aug. Thinking that my minutes has finished, i top up 15$ extra but stilli canot make calls. Is there anything else i shld do 

pamelaH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I actually got this today!! I was trying to use my voicemail.. I just kept trying, then called my mom and it worked. Then I was able to call my voicemail. It was weird but I believe it was just an issue on my end or something. Hope you got it figured out!

@fallsviewafro wrote:

Any time I try to make an outgoign call I'm met with the Public Mobile voice informing me I'm unable to make a call because I don't have talk on my plan.

Well, I do. I have rebooted my phone and verified that I indeed do have talk on my plan. No other recent hardware or plan changes. Just woke up today and couldn't make a call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 

I've only seen the extra 1 on junk calls. Not sure where international came from. Is that something you've seen from an international caller?

My experiences have been that Public Mobile puts a 1 in front of all numbers from anywhere for incoming call display, even if that makes the phone number invalid.

Wow. Not my experience. I mostly get proper looking inbound calls. Sometimes I'll get a + - usually junk. Seems I mostly get junk calls anyway. (Did I say I barely use the phone? 🙂 ) And sometimes those junk calls have the extra 1.

So the styles I see are:

1 234-567-8901 (proper normal)

12345678901 (usually junk)

+12345678901 (usually junk)

2345678901 (usually junk)

112345678901 (usually junk)

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 

I've only seen the extra 1 on junk calls. Not sure where international came from. Is that something you've seen from an international caller?

My experiences have been that Public Mobile puts a 1 in front of all numbers from anywhere for incoming call display, even if that makes the phone number invalid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 

@fallsviewafro wrote:

Please close thread - issue was attempting to make a callback to a number with an improper format (had an extra 1 in front). All good, issue is on my end! Thanks!

If you were trying to make a call to a country outside of Canada, you'll need the International calling add-on...

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

You'd be able to call these countries only, for up to 400 minutes for $15. The minutes will roll over and don't expire until you use them up.

fallsviewafro

Please close thread - issue was attempting to make a callback to a number with an improper format (had an extra 1 in front). All good, issue is on my end! Thanks!

[Marked Solution by Luddite]

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into you account to see if you have minutes remaining unless you have unlimited calling.  If you have limited calling and don't see any minutes then you can buy an add-on for 500 minutes for $5.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fallsviewafro wrote:

If you're on the $10 or $15 plans then maybe you've used all your minutes.

What is the plan status in your self-serve?

Need Help? Let's chat.