cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UNLIMITED Talk & Text in Canada & US" current promo?

BenKayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

This current promotion plan:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/60for10GB-3Gspeed

Sates: "UNLIMITED Talk & Text in Canada & US"

It's clear that statment includes talk and text while in the US.  Otherwise known as roaming.

However when I bought the plan and logged in it says:

My Plan
This plan includes: -
- 8.5GB at 3G Speed
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

The word "in" has changed to "to" that seems to indicate roaming is not included.

So either I now have "UNLIMITED Talk & Text in Canada & US" as promoted or I have been falsely lead into buying a plan that does not include calling from the US.

Can someone please clearify?

Thakns

Ben

Screen shoot:

PMplan.png

25 REPLIES 25

@qlvnch hi personely I thought it was very clear but then again I guess I am getting used to the way things are said around here lol

qlvnch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If we can talk unlimited when we in the US and no roaming charge for the $60 plan. Why they don't use the word unlimited talk in Canada an us instead of unlimited talk to Canada and us??? I think we have to make it clear with public mobile. They should fix it. Thank you

BenKayfetz

A moderator got back to me with the answer.

-----

Thank you for your reply,

I´m very glad to share the plan details from your account:

Plan Details:

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Canada-US talk
  • Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • 2 GB of US Roam Data
  • Voicemail and Call Display

If you travel to the US, please don't worry, we got you covered with unlimited talk and text plus 2GB, you already paid for your phone services and we are based on a prepaid system, this means that you cant get extra charges.

I hope this information helps you a lot and if you need further assistance please let me know, as I´ll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,

Carlos.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BenKayfetz wrote:

I gave them my real name and CC for auto pay and to get the bonus data. I am new to PM, but once they have you CC I assume they can charge it for whatever they feel they deserve.

Also, I am fully transparent with my online presence. You can probably tell that from my username here. The truth is there's no point hiding your identity because if they really want to find you they will. Everything online  is traceable.

But you are not understanding, they don't send Regular Bills so why would you Receive a Huge Roaming Bill. In case you didn't know Regardless you gave them a real name or a fake name the fact of the matter is Public Mobile is a Pay Before (Prepaid) Service Provider. Which means anything that is not part of your Plan or an add on simply doesn't work. Period 

@Stacey14 wrote:

I want US coverage 

The $60 Ready-made plan includes U.S. roaming.

@BenKayfetz, there are no extra fees charge.  It’s $60 plus applicable taxes for the plan.  Use it until it’s done, and you can walk away (after turning off your AutoPay and removing you payment info.

If you need to add data in Canada, or the US, you will need add the funds first, then add the (roaming) data.

You should never see an unexplained charge that you are not expecting.  There are no overage fees, and no surprises.

Stacey14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want US coverage 

BenKayfetz

I gave them my real name and CC for auto pay and to get the bonus data. I am new to PM, but once they have you CC I assume they can charge it for whatever they feel they deserve.

Also, I am fully transparent with my online presence. You can probably tell that from my username here. The truth is there's no point hiding your identity because if they really want to find you they will. Everything online is traceable.

@BenKayfetz, the 2GB data listed under the addons is the included data, it the $60 plan.  Although not listed, the included roaming talk and SMS is also included.  

If if you use all the US roaming data, you will need to purchase more, if you wish to continue using data while mid-cycle.

I feel there is limited space in the plan description info areas in the Self-Serve module.  You have what you have paid for.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BenKayfetz wrote:

I messaged a moderator to chime in to to clarify things. I'd like a straight answer before I head to the US and end up with a humongous bill...

Ben

Just Curious how do you expect Public Mobile to send you a Humongous Bill? They don't send Regular Bills so where would this Humongous Bill come in?

Lets assume they do send one which they don't. They have no idea who you are because with Public Mobile you can name your Prepaid Account as Micky Mouse, Tom & Jerry, Osma Bin Ladan, Donald Trump etc. How would they collect from those names? 

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Here is my plan:

----------------------

PMMyPlan.png

----------------------

I copied and pasted the text in my OP. Note the word "to" and no mention of roaming.

And here is my account status.

----------------------

PMAccountStatus.png

@BenKayfetz  You are good to go!!Smiley Happy That is the correct plan please note that consistency in not one of PM's strengths.

@BenKayfetz 

No worries. You're good as gold.

I think the $60 plan was derived from the $50 plan. So they used the same wording.

Have a good trip!

BenKayfetz

Here is my plan:

----------------------

PMMyPlan.png

----------------------

I copied and pasted the text in my OP. Note the word "to" and no mention of roaming.

And here is my account status.

----------------------

PMAccountStatus.png

@BenKayfetz wrote:

I messaged a moderator to chime in to to clarify things. I'd like a straight answer before I head to the US and end up with a humongous bill...

Ben

You may have to wait a couple of days for Moderator to reply.

Meanwhile we can help you out.
As @Anonymous  asked, please post a screenie of your Self-serve account page.

What shows under "My Plan"? $50 or $60 plan?

What shows under "My Data & Add-Ons"? Do you see the line with 2 GB US roaming data?

PM 25 data plan.jpg

This is a community forum, so please do not post personal info or details.

As @geopublic said, there are never any overages or surprise bills with Public Mobile. Simply put, if you haven't prepaid for a specific service, you won't be able to use that service.

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Ben

@BenKayfetz  If you check your payment history and got charged $60 more thn likely you have the correct plan. On the other hand if you were charge $50. Then you picked the wrong plan.

PM50.JPG

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Ben

@BenKayfetzKeep us updated. As for the large bill no need to worry. PM is prepaid so no extra charges it works or it doesn't. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Ben

You might be waiting a couple days though. But in the meantime I think we'd all be interested in seeing the details in the screen snip I suggested. But whatever you like.

BenKayfetz

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BenKayfetz 

Maybe post a screen snip lower down on your overview page showing data and add-ons. Blank out personal info of course.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz 

By any chance, did you purchase the $50 plan? The difference is the lower cost plan does not include US roaming and 2 GB US data roaming.

If this is the case, please contact Moderator_team and let me know you meant to purchase the $60 plan. Response time varies up to 2+ days.

If you have the $60 plan, then you should see the "2 GB US data roaming" line on your account. In this case, all's good.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Hey guys,

It's clear that statment includes talk and text while in the US.  Otherwise known as roaming.

My Plan
- 8.5GB at 3G Speed

The word "in" has changed to "to" that seems to indicate roaming is not included.

So either I now have "UNLIMITED Talk & Text in Canada & US" as promoted or I have been falsely lead into buying a plan that does not include calling from the US.

Thakns

Ben

Screen shoot:

PMplan.png

@BenKayfetz  Great catch and great question! When you go into your plan details does it mention "Plus bonus 2GB US data roaming"?

If it doesn't then I would be concerned. Best to bring it to the attention of the moderator team for clarification. Please keep us updated.

@goldilock wrote:

If you view the map of Public Mobile's coverage, it does not cover USA unless a US roaming plan is added on while in USA which are for 10 days only.  

@goldilock  this is incorrect.  There is now a plan that is good for both Canada and the US without a roaming package.  The $60 30 day plan includes US Roaming so no need for 10 day addons

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@BenKayfetz , You're fine.  U.S. roamung is included with this $60 plan.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you view the map of Public Mobile's coverage, it does not cover USA unless a US roaming plan is added on while in USA which are for 10 days only.  

In your plan you can make long distance calls to phone numbers in Canada and to phone numbers while in Canada, to USA phone numbers.  

Public mobile does have a policy that states in plan details that is is limited time offer. Subject to change without notice. 

For your plan, here are info on the plan details:

Limited time offer. Subject to change without notice. Rate plan will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881. 

Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month. 

4 Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/WirelessVideoExperience_Optimization.pdf. Compatible device required. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz wrote:

Hey guys,

My Plan
- 8.5GB at 3G Speed

Thakns

Ben

Screen shoot:

PMplan.png

No worries about the wording. You have it all: "in", "from" and "to". Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.