cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan." Why do I need to dial 1 to front of number?

PDub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So like many other people I am now getting the "Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan" and, as posted here, by adding a 1 before the number as though it's long distance it solves the problem. But that's not normally required and shouldn't be necessary for local calls obviously. I rebooted my phone numberous times and I have also done the report stolen/reactivate thing.

Why is this suddenly a problem and what can I do about it? Having to dial 1 in front of every local number is ridiculous.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@kselmak wrote:

@PDub wrote:

Actually that's not what's happening. Adding a 1 DOES solve the problem but it's necessary for some (not all) local calls.

Wow that's a new one for me. I've only seen 'ld may apply'

Contact mods that sounds wrong

The "long distance charges may apply" message shouldn't prevent a call from being completed.  The talk not included message halts the call. This has been covered, but it could mean out of minutes, plan only has data and/or text (no calling), a misdialed phone number, or there could be an account issue. You're right though that shouldn't be happening whether the call is long distance or not.

@PDub wrote:

Actually that's not what's happening. Adding a 1 DOES solve the problem but it's necessary for some (not all) local calls.

Wow that's a new one for me. I've only seen 'ld may apply'

Contact mods that sounds wrong

PDub

@Nezgar wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@PDub 

Which area code are you trying to reach?

And prefix?

Op said that adding 1 doesn't solve the problem

It's not 'ld chargers may apply' it's 'ld is not included' adding 1 in front will not make call go through.

@kselmak wrote:

@PDub 

And prefix?

@PDub 

No you can't ignore that message

The message that says to long distance charges may apply can be ignored. 

Can you double check the number to make sure it's really not ld.

If you are not out of minutes or if you are on unlimited plan you will have to contact moderators

PDub

How can I ignore the message? I can't make calls.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PDub 

What plan are you on? Did you run out of minutes?

The message that long distance charges may apply is normal and was always there, but the call should go through.

One more thing, check that you are not dialing long distance number, I get that when I accidentally call usa

If you still have minutes or if you have unlimited, then you will have to contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@PDub wrote:

So like many other people I am now getting the "Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan" and as posted here, adding a 1 before the numbrer as though it's long distance solves the problem. But that's not normally required and shouldn't be necessary. I rebooted my phone numberous times and I have also done the report stolen/reactivate thing.

Why is this suddenly a problem and what can I do about it?

Thanks.

Your minutes are Canada wide. Be it a local call or a LD all minutes on your plan handle both types of calls. But you must dial the number properly to connect. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@PDub they did some maintenance over the weekend. I'm not sure if this affected you phone or not. Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your SIM.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@PDub wrote:

So like many other people I am now getting the "Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan" and as posted here, adding a 1 before the numbrer as though it's long distance solves the problem. But that's not normally required and shouldn't be necessary. I rebooted my phone numberous times and I have also done the report stolen/reactivate thing.

Thanks.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@PDub wrote:

Thanks.

@PDub If your service works fine, you may just ignore the message. Otherwise, have a chat with SIMON, or contact moderators through it: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions (give as much info as possible), OR send a message to mods team directly: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.