cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Long distance charges may apply" message when dialing within province

ds123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is for province wide, but in the last few days when I dial outside my local area, I get a message saying long distance charges may apply. I alway hang up. Meanwhile, my long distance add-on has used up 76 minutes, yet I never call outside of provance. My call record shows calls all over Ontario with zero charge. Unfortunately there is no report for how I have used my long distance charges, a feature that must be added to the self-serve interface.

How are my long distance minutes being used up?

Why am I suddenly getting this message that long distance charges may apply when I am in my home province, and calling to other area codes within my home province? Any ideas?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

webshaun

Actually this issue is still happening. I have put in multiple requests privately with PM and have still seen no resolution. They keep saying they're working to fix the problem. That was about a year ago. I'm not feeling particularly hopeful anymore about it.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@audrar and @liufang36

You both have posted to a very old thread. In the future, start your own thread under the appropriate category and it will get the exposure and answer to your questions you're looking for.

For issues such as this, you both need to send a private message to the moderators and have them look at the issue from the back-end.  Click this link, @CS_Agent, provide your name, account number and a description of what happended, when and where you were, and they will be able to research and hopefully solve the issue on their end.

audrar

I've been having this same issue. I have the province wide calling plan, and when I tried calling Ottawa it said that I needed a long distance plan to make this call. If I have province wide and Ottawa is in the province of Ontario and I'm in Toronto, why would I need a long distance plan? 

liufang36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I seem to have the same issue here. When travel to London Ontario or call from Toronto to Windsor, my addon minutes were consumed. 

Can you see to this?

Thanks!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @webshaun

It seems like we'll need to send a support ticket to have our tech team fix this.

Can you send a private message to @Saray_O ?

She will be able take care of you.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

webshaun

Hi there. I am having the same issue. It doesn't seem to matter whether I dial 905 or 1-905, I get that message. I don't seem to be getting charged by PM for it, but it is a bit unnerving to me. 

This issue seems to be longstanding. PM should put some more energy into fixing these glitches. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @andr3y

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you confirm if this is happening on  every call? please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

andr3y

I get the message when dilaing as well.

please help

andr3y

I get the message when dilaing as well.

please help

TeddyBoom

Just an update on this issue. I got a call from a second level support agent, and he was great to deal with. For whatever reason we couldn't duplicate the problem--my province wide calls were working fine--so I'm not 100% sure that the issue is fixed, but that's okay.

He left me with a tip that is pretty universal for issues calling numbers in general. If 10 digit calling doesn't work try 11 digit dialing instead. So, if 905-555-1212, try 1-905-555-1212. And vice-versa of course.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @TeddyBoom

Sorry Kalla is not in the office today, would you mind sending me the info?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TeddyBoom

I'm having this problem too. Sending pm 🙂

@TroyDaBes This matter has been discussed on several other threads. The answer is "no", unfortunately.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kalla_A Oh. Thank you. Hopefully it will be fix. 

Also, I just want to ask something. He asked if someone who live in Gatineau will be able to call someone in Toronto with just the Province call option? Or does he need an add-on or a canada-wide to use it?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @TroyDaBes,

You are right: 1-844 is a toll free number, but somehow our system considers it as a long distance call. Another user had brought this issue forward and we are currently working on fixing it.

I hope this answers your question!

Cheers,

Kalla

@Kalla_A, would you kindly also look at @TroyDaBes's problem as stated in the post above? Thanks in advance!

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Speaking of long distance, I have the same problem when I call the number 1-844. I think this number is a free toll and I can't call because it says I need a long distance add-on. 

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ds123,

This is a known issue we've been having, I will assist you in fixing it 🙂

I will be sending you a private message, kindly reply to it.

Thank you,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.