cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about the $20/30 days UNLIMITED plan

aztec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm currently with chatr but looking to switch over to PM.

I'm interested in this plan but have a few questions: 

$20/30 days 

• UNLIMITED  Talk Province-wide²
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

1) does this plan include unlimited incoming AND outgoing calls?

2) is it enhanced voicemail or regular? in other words, how many voicemails can be stored and for how long?

3)I know Chatr and a few other providers are 'zone' based. Is this the case with PM or is it unlimitec all calls in the ENTIRE province?

4) Is name dispaly included in

5) is texting (outgoing and incoming) included in this plan?

6) I'm using an old Nokia flip phone, will it work on this plan?

7) what does the '30 days' signify? what, if anything, do I need to do after the 30 days?

16 REPLIES 16

@aztec wrote:

@will13am thank you for your response. What do you mean by " My dialer is web enabled."?

I use the Google dialer.  It has web access and so it can retrieve information on the party I am trying to reach in some cases.  

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aztec wrote:

Probably not.  The phone must support 3G and/or 4G/LTE.

aztec

@CalgaryBen Thanks for clarifying this. Nice to know the feature is there.

aztec

@will13am thank you for your response. What do you mean by " My dialer is web enabled."?

aztec

oh, okay. No problemo..thanks for clearing that up Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aztec wrote:

thank you.

What do you mean by 'painful'? are there discrepancies or overcharges often?

@aztec Oh sorry--I was making a joke:  @mimmo meant to suggest that you turn on "AutoPay", but must have run into an auto-"correct" issue with his keyboard because it came out as "autopsy", which is a very different thing than an automated top-up payment system!  Sorry for any confusion!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aztec

Thank you for the auto renewal tip.

aztec

thank you.

What do you mean by 'painful'? are there discrepancies or overcharges often?

srlawren

@CalgaryBen wrote:

Actually, regarding #4 -- CNAM (Caller Name) is a feature supported by Telus and subsidiaries (Koodo, PM, etc.), and has been in effect for about a year now.

@CalgaryBen I didn't realize it had come to PM.  Very nice.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Actually, regarding #4 -- CNAM (Caller Name) is a feature supported by Telus and subsidiaries (Koodo, PM, etc.), and has been in effect for about a year now.

Basically a caller not in my contact list will show up, similar to caller ID on landlines.

I had always been jealous of friends on Rogers and its subsidiaries since they've had this forever... (10+ years anyway).

@srlawren wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Don't forget to enable autopsy to lower cost by 2$/30 dsys.

@mimmo be careful with the autopsy--I've heard those can be quite painful!  😉

It would be not be something I want done while still alive, at least not for $2.  It seems like lithium and gboard don't play nice with each other.  There's lots of unwanted word replacements taking place.  I wish swypS was still an option.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

Don't forget to enable autopsy to lower cost by 2$/30 dsys.

@mimmo be careful with the autopsy--I've heard those can be quite painful!  😉

mimmo

Don't forget to enable autopsy to lower cost by 2$/30 dsys. If you sign up now a couple retailers(London drugs Walmart wow mobile) are offering a free and $25 credit. If you know someone on pm already add their number as a referral and you will get a bonus 10$ credit.  Don't know anyone ask someone via private message in this thread many are willing to give you their number for referral.

Great to see you doing your research.

Also when porting from chatr you need to call them and ask for your account number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With the exception of the $10, 50 minutes, 50 text plan, all other plans with calling are unlimited incoming and outgoing.  Province wide talk allows the customer to call to anywhere in the province in which the phone is connected to on the network.  If traveling to another province, the usage does not change.  It's very affordable to buy add-on long distance minutes to provide calling outside of the province or country for that matter.

Voice mail I believe has a limit of 10 messages.  Unless you are trying to run a messaging service, it's feature rich enough for general use.

I don't know anything about name display.  Using a smart phone, it's hard to tell what is carrier provided and what comes from smart phone feature.  My dialer is web enabled.

Text is included if the text option is selected when constructing a plan.  Calling and text are separate features.

Plans here are not calendar month based.  They renew every 30 or 90 days.  

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

1) yes for home province numbers

3) no zones whole province 

5) no texting it's a talk only plan. Talk and text is 25/30days

6) check compatibility on willmyphonework.net

7) PM plans are 30days instead of monthly. You pay at the beginning of each 30 days. You can set up auto renewal on your self serve account with a Canadian credit card and save 2 dollars per 30 days

srlawren

@aztec wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently with chatr but looking to switch over to PM.

I'm interested in this plan but have a few questions: 

$20/30 days 

• UNLIMITED  Talk Province-wide²
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

1) does this plan include unlimited incoming AND outgoing calls?

2) is it enhanced voicemail or regular? in other words, how many voicemails can be stored and for how long?

3)I know Chatr and a few other providers are 'zone' based. Is this the case with PM or is it unlimitec all calls in the ENTIRE province?

4) Is name dispaly included in

5) is texting (outgoing and incoming) included in this plan?

7) what does the '30 days' signify? what, if anything, do I need to do after the 30 days?

@aztec see below:

1) Yes

2) Regular.  10 for 10 days.

3) There are no zones.  Entire province.

4) No Yes, see below

5) No, you will get no texting

6) It depends.  What's the model number?  Or check on https://www.willmyphonework.net

7) 30 days is the cycle, it's not a month.  You pay for 30 days of service, and get 30 days of service.  Then you pay for another 30 days of service and get another 30 days of service, and so on.

Need Help? Let's chat.