cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan has canada wide, but refusing long distance demanding an add on

jad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 REPLIES 5

There's a bunch of strange things that the Public Mobile system does, but putting the 1 in front of the number or not should not ever have any effect on whether or not the call goes through.

If it's a long distance call (even if that type of long distance is included in your plan), the system is supposed to play a message telling you that it is long distance, but then, the call should proceed just fine after a few seconds.

@RobertQc wrote:

@jadSorry you are having trouble. You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

If it is just an issue of putting "1" in front then you should just get a warning that "Long Distance charges May apply" and the number should go through. If you are getting a warning about needing an Add-on then it is probably a provisioning error like @RobertQc mentioned and will need MOD assistance.

DSoulliere
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Almost always fixed by adding a '1' or simply restarting your phone.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jadSorry you are having trouble. You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted.  Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jad, are you putting a 1 infront of the number you are calling?  If not try it you can't be charged long distance charges if you don't have the add-on

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.