cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture messaging

rjtaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need someone at public mobile to confirm for me that my plan includes picture messaging and does data need to be turned on on my phone to recieve pics. Turning data on is the only way I recieve them, even if I'm connected to my home wifi. I don't believe my plan has any data.

11 REPLIES 11

@t_p wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@rjtaylor 

If under your Plan Details there is a data component listed, then  YES,  you can utilize picture messaging, and YES, your mobile data needs to be toggled on to receive and send them. 

(EDIT:  so long as your device is able to utilize a mobile data connection, and your service with your WSP has a data capability, then you can utilize MMS)

2nd edits made - 🙄

When we started to get used to your DOUBLE NEG, you switch to DOUBLE YES.

No wonder people dunno what's you're talkin' about

😂🤣

@t_p   ha ha ...  now, i've gotta go change my t p roll

@HALIMACS wrote:

@rjtaylor 

If under your Plan Details there is a data component listed, then  YES,  you can utilize picture messaging, and YES, your mobile data needs to be toggled on to receive and send them. 

(EDIT:  so long as your device is able to utilize a mobile data connection, and your service with your WSP has a data capability, then you can utilize MMS)

2nd edits made - 🙄

When we started to get used to your DOUBLE NEG, you switch to DOUBLE YES.

No wonder people dunno what's you're talkin' about

😂🤣

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Your post had a clear If...then. The first then for the If is not correct.

I don't know what WSP is.

A long time ago in a land far far away there used to be plans without data and BYO plans where you could not select data. These could still use MMS.

@Anonymous 

WSP is wireless service provider.

I'm referring back to the day when I had a device which could not utilize MMS. (talking like 20+ years ago...)

Since then, all my devices can.   I'll edit my post to remove inaccuracies.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Your post had a clear If...then. The first then for the If is not correct.

I don't know what WSP is.

A long time ago in a land far far away there used to be plans without data and BYO plans where you could not select data. These could still use MMS.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : A data component is not required for MMS.

@Anonymous    Are we speaking of the same thing?   Yes, perhaps my response was not entirely accurate...

Does a mobile user not have to be able to access a data connection with their WSP in order to use MMS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : A data component is not required for MMS.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rjtaylor 

2nd edits made - 🙄

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@rjtaylor wrote:

I need someone at public mobile to confirm for me that my plan includes picture messaging and does data need to be turned on on my phone to recieve pics. Turning data on is the only way I recieve them, even if I'm connected to my home wifi. I don't believe my plan has any data.

@rjtaylor 

If you never used any data on your phone or don't care if your plan has any data or not, just leave it switched on to make mms work automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rjtaylor : If you've been here for more than 3 years or so then you may not have a plan with data. If sooner than that then you about certainly have a data component in your plan. MMS doesn't actually need data present on the account to work. Data just needs to be on.

While the MMS itself won't consume your data, having data on with data present will use a little bit just for connecting and syncing things. The amount of that syncing is under your control.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rjtaylor   Mobile  data  is required to receive and send MMS. 

Good news is that, the data used in delivering and receiving the MMS message won't be counted towards your data bucket.. so, turn on and use it without worry

Need Help? Let's chat.