cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone

Pargatbrar123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public mobile are great but are they the best plans to get and are they the cheapest?

7 REPLIES 7

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just joined Public Mobile last Fri Mar27. I was also thinking of getting the Freedom 99/yr plan but after several days of research I settled for Public Mobile. Here are the reasons why I chose Public Mobile -

Coverage, coverage, coverage

Cheapest plan is 15$/mo and I can make it to 13$/mo via autopay

If i stay by 5yrs, I will only be paying 8$/mo

I dont need unlimited minutes, but the 5$ addon for  500minutes is really nice

I will be using this with my Google Pixel 3a XL and my Fido eSIM data only plan making it cheap! I was using VoIP before but my needs have changed and I now need a reliable phone line.

Pretty much already summed up but BEST and CHEAPEST are rarely found in the same place. It all depends on what you are willing to trade off for cheap. PM plans in my mind are GREAT value but the service if needed can be a bit more if a challenge for some. Some people couldn't imaging getting by with 3G like data speeds while most of us who are happy here see little or no difference in the speed.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pargatbrar123 it depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for a bring your own cell, monthly prepaid service with cheap comparable plans, a nationwide network and no overages then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a pay as you go plan, one with conventional call centre support and one that sell cell phones with your plan, then it isn't. Look to Speakout, Koodo or Telus.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pargatbrar123 

Each person has a different preference.

I find it cheap and easy to use.

I don't Data especially now that we are all sitting at home using wifi.

It saves me money overall. 

It uses the same towers as Telus. You get 2$ off for autopay. You get community rewards.  It's a no brainer that it's awesome!

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pargatbrar123 wrote:

public mobile are great but are they the best plans to get and are they the cheapest?

"Best" is subjectively up to you. Cheapest depends on what features you want. Again subjective.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pargatbrar123 wrote:

@Pargatbrar123  It all depends on what type of plan are you looking for. Also you need to factor in rewards, network coverage etc when making your final decision. What plan are you interested in?

Need Help? Let's chat.