cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working

Sam2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone is not working - keeps asking for me to do add ons.....I still have minutes on my account 

25 REPLIES 25

@Helpershelper wrote:

I would recommend setting up pre-authorized payments so you will never have the issue of a plan not working unless you go over your data.

@Helpershelper I admire your enthusiasm, going over all the threads and adding your spin. There is no such thing as going over your data here at PM. Everything is paid in advance. When you have used it all up, you do not go over, it stops working until the next period or until you buy an add on.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would recommend setting up pre-authorized payments so you will never have the issue of a plan not working unless you go over your data.

@Sam2  If you dialed 611 and it's asking you for a payment it means that your renewal was not successful. Just follow the prompts to reactivate your account and you should be back up and running.

@Sam2 

If it's not vital to have calling immediately then having the moderators look into your usage is fine. You can look at your usage as well. Near the top of your overview page it will say ""my plan" you will see a "usage" button click on it. This will show your calling and texting history for up to the last 30 days. It defaults to 7 days so choose 30 days and go thru the daily usage to see if maybe a call didnt hang up or any other activity.

Sam2

I don't have that line but this is an emergency phone when I go out only - and I know for a fact that I've only used about 2-3 minutes this month 

Thanks for all your help - I've sent a ticket to the mod team for answers

@Sam2 

You really only have two options to resolve your issue quickly. Either access your self serve account online and purchase the add on (sounds like it will stay on your account for years..... as a back up to your plan) or dial 611 and purchase the add on from your funds available in your account balance.

Otherwise you contact the moderators but there is a minimum 2 hour to 8 hour wait time at present....possibly up to 48 hours.Can you access your online account or do you know your pin #?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sam2 wrote:

my cell phone is for emergency usage when I'm out - so I've used only about 2 - 3 minutes of my 50 minutes.....I hardly ever use this phone

who can I contact to help me with this problem

I have a $10 plan.

My minutes usage line is showing I used 4 out of my 50 minutes,

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
4  /  50 MIN

Do you have this usage line or not?

If no, you used all you 50 minutes.  Moderator will tell you the same info to buy add-on.

You can wait for your next renewal date to get another 50 minutes.

When is your renewal date?

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Sam2 wrote:

my cell phone is for emergency usage when I'm out - so I've used only about 2 - 3 minutes of my 50 minutes.....I hardly ever use this phone

@Sam2 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

@Sam2 

Dial 611 and listen to the prompts. Press 2 for add ons. Enter your pin#. Then listen to your options. You want to purchase the 500 min Canada wide long distance add on for $5.

Sam2

popping

@Sam2 wrote:

where is this line that shows me that?

I have a $10 plan.

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
4  /  50 MIN

If you do not see this line, you had used all your 50 minutes on your current cycle,  Then, purchase a $5 500 Canada wide minutes add-on.

Sam2

where is this line that shows me that?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Sam2 wrote:

added 1 to the phone number and listened to the message to the end it it just hangs up

the message wants me to add a long distance add on to my plan

can you tell me how I can see how many minutes I've used on my plan?

@Sam2 If you are on a plan with limited minutes like me (as opposed to unlimited nationwide calling) look below. I currently have used o minutes of my 100 as I just renewed, If that line is missing, you have used them all up and will need to buy an add on (you can see I have one listed there, also with 0 minutes used.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 5.34.50 PM.png

Sam2

when I dial 611 it gives me options to pay my account, etc.....

is there any number I can call for help

I've had this phone for about 2 years

@Sam2 

If you have run out of minutes which is likely just add the $5/500 min calling add on. Since you have a balance you can do this thru 611. Do you know your pin#?

@Sam2 

As popping mentioned above, do you see the minutes tracker in your self service account, under add on section.  If you do not see the tracker, that means you ran out of minutes with this 30 day cycle. 

See below:

Pasted Graphic 11.png

If you need to, you could buy a 500 minutes Canada wide talk add on for $5.  Unused minutes roll over to next month.  It is a very useful add on for customers on the $10 and $15 plans.

popping

@Sam2 wrote:

added 1 to the phone number and listened to the message to the end it it just hangs up

I have a $10 plan.

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
4  /  50 MIN

If you do not see this line, you had used all your 50 minutes on your current cycle,  Then, purchase a $5 500 Canada wide minutes add-on.

@Sam2 

If you havent accessed your account before dial 611. What does it tell you?

Sam2

how do I check how many minutes on my account.....

rebooted the phone.....still doesn't work

Sam2

I have $26 on my account.....do not want to add any more money to the account

Sam2

popping

@Sam2 wrote:

actually it's asking me for an add on for long distance

i have a $10 plan that allows me to talk for 50 minutes nationwide and I haven't used it all

Add 1 in front of your phone number to dial and report result.

Update 1:

If you let the warning message to the end, is your call connected?  PM service is prepaid.  It PM system let your call connected, you will not get overage charge.

Update 2:

You account may not be provisioned correctly.

Adding $1 to your account my trigger PM server to provision your account again.  Please report result.

Sam2

actually it's asking me for an add on for long distance

i have a $10 plan that allows me to talk for 50 minutes nationwide and I haven't used it all

popping

@Sam2 wrote:

my phone is not working - keeps asking for me to do add ons.....I still have minutes on my account 

If you have the $15 plan, you may have used all your 100 outgoing minutes.

Login to your self-serve account.

Do you see any minutes usage line on your overview page after login.

I used 66 minutes out of my 100 minutes of my current cycle.

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
66  /  100 MIN

If you do not have this usage line, you used all your minutes for the current cycle.

You can purchase the $5 500 minutes add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account to see how many minutes you have left.  Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.