cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment and plans

Yaru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM 👋 

I am just wondering about the payments, when choosing to pay do you have to choose,

- the Amount due or

- (Enter the desired amount). Knowing that the amount owing  which is $30 the reward payment amount $ 19 is two different figures( amount) which makes it difficult which one to pay on my due date.

If you choose Enter the Desired amount and you want enter the amount. Do i need to include the tax amount or before tax. E.g: the amount is $ 30 before tax , am i going write $30 or $31.5 in the payment box. Any advise fellas am a new customer to PM😀

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yaru wrote:

The second case, if i register my card for an Auto pay, and came and pay it manually, don't you think i am gone be charged twice, manually and Auto?

As mentioned...no. I like to say it this way:

Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. Credits get added. Rewards get added at renewal. Renewals and add-on purchases are paid out of Available Funds.

For renewal, if insufficient then it will see if autopay is on. If so then it will take the rest of what it needs from the payment card. If not then the account suspends. If there's a problem with the autopay then the account suspends.

No @Yaru , the system will not charge you twice. The PM system pays your bill this way. 

1. Rewards are converted.
  2. Then it checks to see if you have the required payment as a credit. If you do it takes it and your plan renews.
  3. If you don't have it, the rest of the bill is charged to an autopay credit card if there is one. And if there isn't,  or autopay fails, the account is suspended for lack of payment.

Yaru

"So that's why I said pay the $30, you will get the $2 which will be applied to the next 30 day cycle renewal date. 

As regarding sutopay. You can add the credit card to get the $2 discount. Then when you get your 611 3 day payment reminder text message.  Log into your self service account and deposits the required funds using the one time payment option in your self service account."

If that is the case, i should get $4 in total then for both months referral credits. 

The second case, if i register my card for an Auto pay, and came and pay it manually, don't you think i am gone be charged twice, manually and Auto?

@Yaru if everthing works as it should with your $2 rewards being applied. Then you should be charged only $28. However, I have had the Rewards fail and the autopay work. So that's why I said pay the $30, you will get the $2 which will be applied to the next 30 day cycle renewal date. 

As regarding sutopay. You can add the credit card to get the $2 discount. Then when you get your 611 3 day payment reminder text message.  Log into your self service account and deposits the required funds using the one time payment option in your self service account. Stay safe. 

Yaru

i don't want do that now as i have seen couple complaints about payment failure and account been suspended from the First try which i believe its ridiculous. I will say giving a customer a chance of one day warning with texts will be better than just ✂️ the service because of an Auto pay failure from the first try. I hope PM will figure out this glitch in the system. Most of the customers will go for the Auto payment for a peace of mind but the Auto Failure and Account Suspension makes it a nightmare.

Yaru

My renewal due date is 03 October, am jst curious how much i am goin pay as the $2 didn't show up in the owing amount box. I just want make sure i am following the protocols and it's confusing when you got two different amounts you don't know which amount you gone be charged.

@Yaru why not attach an autopay credit card? To get the $2 autopay credit. Even if you always pay with a voucher. Your 30 day cycle off would be $4. I believe @darlicious could help you out with a Koho card if you need a prepaid one. Stay safe. 

@Yaru is this your renewal day? If it is, and your service is working properly then ignore the status of your self service account. The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

If you are trying to prepay your account, to prevent autopay failure, to be on the safe side, choose the one time payment option in your self service account and deposit the full $30. The $2 Will be applied next period where you will then deposit $38. Stay safe.  

Yaru

Thanx for the reply,  $30 is showing in the amount owing box  after the $10 referred  instead of $28 which is showing in my rewards page as i referred 2 customers $ 2 which is $ 28. So if i choose the due amount, am i going be charged the $ 30 or $ 28 ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Yaru $30 the tax will be added by PM and appear on your credit card statement. To prevent your account from being suspended, I would always put the full amount due. Ie if you have a $5 credit, deposit $25 even with your $11 in rewards. The next period, deposit $19, since you will have a $11 in rewards credited to your account. Stay safe. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The amount owing amount is usually before tax. Do you have autopay set up? It will take care of all that automatically. 

Need Help? Let's chat.