cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out going calls are restricted

Shez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Iam using $15 plan since 3 months. It worked good only for a month.  Now, it's causing me great trouble. Only ten days after each payment, i receive the msg that i have no more minutes in my plan and i should get addons to continue making calls. What does that mean?

13 REPLIES 13

@jeav 

Are all your other services working? Are you getting a message that you dont have a calling plan when you try to call out? Reboot your phone and dial ( 1 ) before the number youre dialing and see if it goes thru after the message finishes. This glitch happens occasionally but goes away after a few attempts. If it continues try reporting your phone lost/stolen in your account. Log in. Go to planscand add ons or your usage history. Report lost/stolen. Log out. Wait t min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot. Try to make a call.

@jeav wrote:

Hello again, 

Thanks for  the message. 

I haven't used any of the 100 minutes yet. This is the first day of my 15 dollar plan.
Anything I can do to get my outgoing calls without getting an add on right away? 

Contact a moderator for assistance.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jeav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello again, 

Thanks for  the message. 

I haven't used any of the 100 minutes yet. This is the first day of my 15 dollar plan.
Anything I can do to get my outgoing calls without getting an add on right away? 

@jeav 

Check your accounts overview page for your plan features and if your 100 included plan minutes  have been used up. You can check your usage history to check on when the outgoing calls have been made. As per @JoyLuck suggestion the purchase of the $5/500 min add on is a good addition to the $15 plan to dip into each month if you use all your plan minutes.

@jeav wrote:

Hello, 

I'm having a similar issue, I have just started the month but it seems there are no minutes at all? 

When does the 100 minutes start? I have not been on the phone very much so it seems that maybe there are no minutes at all unless you buy them for extra? 

With the $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too. You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting. You can also purchase an add on in self service of 500 minutes for $5. The unused portion is rolled over from month to month until it is used up. You can also log into self service and look at your usage history.

jeav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I'm having a similar issue, I have just started the month but it seems there are no minutes at all? 

When does the 100 minutes start? I have not been on the phone very much so it seems that maybe there are no minutes at all unless you buy them for extra? 

This is a lot of posts of exactly the same answer. Kudos to @Jb456 for being first past the post and following up with some additional information.

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may want to consider the next plan up.  If you are using your minutes so quickly the $15 plan may not be for you.

An add on may be helpful depending on how long your outgoing calls are.

If you do buy the addon take note it's a two step process to buying add-ons. Guide on link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shez 

The $15 plan has only 100 outgoing minutes per 30days cycle.  After using all your minutes, you will not be able to call any more until next cycle starts after renewal.

You can buy the $5/500 minutes add-on so that you can continue to have call minutes.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Shez wrote:

Iam using $15 plan since 3 months. It worked good only for a month.  Now, it's causing me great trouble. Only ten days after each payment, i receive the msg that i have no more minutes in my plan and i should get addons to continue making calls. What does that mean?

To answer what @hairbag1  didn't, what that means, is that you've used all your allotted minutes, which would be the 100 outgoing call minutes on a $15 plan. As @hairbag1  suggested, you could always buy that 500 minutes add-on, OR bump up to the next higher priced plan.

Aaaand, ninja'd yet again! 😩 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It means you used your 100 outgoing call minutes. You can check this by logging into your account and looking at my data and addons. If there is no calling minutes there it means you used it all up.

You might want to consider buying the $5 add-on for 500 minutes which rollover each 30 days.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Shez wrote:

Consider getting the $5 / 500minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes roll over until you use 'em.

Need Help? Let's chat.