cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no such thing as top up

alhaha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear community members, 

Just want to warn others that there is no such thing as top up in public mobile. once you buy more data (eg GB) or long-distance minutes, all the remaining unused minutes in the previous purchase will be cancelled out and poof, gone.

7 REPLIES 7

alhaha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, That did not happen to me. 

I should have taken a screenshot to show you guys. It is really not rolling over. I tried private PM'ing the moderator to no avail. 

it goes like this: 

Please provide me all your private info to verify your identity. 

Once I provided it, they said, I will look into it

After a few days, I ask for a reply, they said, I need to provide my private info to verify my identity again. 

After verification, they said, I need to start a new file and look into this again, .....

Without your great support in the forum, I sometimes do not know how to make it. thank you guys. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Dear community members, 

Just want to warn others that there is no such thing as top up in public mobile. once you buy more data (eg GB) or long-distance minutes, all the remaining unused minutes in the previous purchase will be cancelled out and poof, gone.

Sorry to say, that has never happened to me. It just gets added on to my previous amount. A plan change will kill remaining of the previous plan (unless done at renewal date), but not the add-ons usually. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Dear community members, 

Curious why you say this.  Could you explain what your experience was that made you come to this conclusion?

From their website for add-ons it says that unused minutes or data rollover to your next cycle... see link

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alhaha 

Or maybe you're meaning if you might do an immediate plan change from one plan to another and you still had some things left.

Yes. Everything left behind about the previous plan is gone. And the lost prepaid cost. You start anew with the new plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@alhaha wrote:

Dear community members, 

Not exactly...you can buy Add-on Canada / US Talk minutes and Add-on Data that don't affect your current plan. Once used up, they do expire but again...doesn't affect your base plan. Have a look at PublicMobile Add-ons for a complete menu of options. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alhaha wrote:

Dear community members, 

Not my experience with the 200mb add-on.

I had used about 136mb of the 200mb when I bought another one. The number changed to 0 of 264mb. It added the remaining amount of data of the previously bought add-on to the newly bought add-on and restarted the counter and with a new total.

I haven't tested this with the LD add-ons.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@alhaha  That's not true. If you did not use add-on data or minutes, they remain in your account until you fully consume it. I still have 2GB data add-on from 3 years ago. 

Need Help? Let's chat.