cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone service

chum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried to make a toll free call to the us from Canada and was unable to complete the call. said I have no long distance? I missed a very important work call. Can't believe it. So then I go to this website to buy an addon for long distance, tried again, still not working. And it appears there is no contact for public mobile. anyone know what I can do? I mean it is toll free anyway so shouldn't even need long distance?

33 REPLIES 33

tams47

I have no phone Service! And everyone I referred is having the same issue! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

please fix this asap

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chum wrote:

for the record, there is no way to maximize the screen. It is greyed out.

thanks

What about re-sizing (if you haven't already thought of that:) ) ? Or the Tab key to tab your way to the boxes?

Yes. That screen should have username/password boxes that you put your community credentials into...yes even though you are already logged in.

The list of numbers I posted are numbers that you can *not* call. Many providers have some blocked numbers that you can't call. If the non-toll-free number you're trying is one of those then you can't get there anyway.

chum

for the record, there is no way to maximize the screen. It is greyed out.

thanks

@chum wrote:

thank you. this was helpful. the bot just keeps saying to log in to community to complete help ticket for moderator but I am already ogged in and get this message

Annotation 2020-03-30 162538.png

@chum  @JoyLuck Yes, this is confusing. If you open the ticket to full screen you would see that login is required EVEN THOUGH you were logged in already. Just another quirk PM has.

At any rate, now that a moderator has reached out to you, it should be sorted soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @JoyLuck

Please send us a private message with more details regarding your issue! 

Our team will have a look as soon as possible! 

Take care and stay safe! 

Daniel-Moderator's Team

....PM customer chum is having issues and there should be a ticket from him in the mod queue.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @JoyLuck

Please send us a private message with more details regarding your issue! 

Our team will have a look as soon as possible! 

Take care and stay safe! 

Daniel-Moderator's Team

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@chum wrote:

I just tried to make a toll free call to the us from Canada and was unable to complete the call. said I have no long distance? I missed a very important work call. Can't believe it. So then I go to this website to buy an addon for long distance, tried again, still not working. And it appears there is no contact for public mobile. anyone know what I can do? I mean it is toll free anyway so shouldn't even need long distance?

Sorry you had to go through this. Definitely a problem on the backend. Hope your issue gets resolved by the mods soon.

@chum...while waiting for moderator intervention...have you considered downloading the free voip app TextNow for free calls and texts to any Cdn or US number. TextNow works as long as you have wifi...there's wifi in many places these days.

It's not the best solution, but might work for you while waiting.

It's tres unusual that you're unable to make a call to US with the add-on that you have.

chum

thank you. this was helpful. the bot just keeps saying to log in to community to complete help ticket for moderator but I am already ogged in and get this message

Annotation 2020-03-30 162538.png

@chum wrote:

isn't 200 minutes in the US good for any number? I don't understand what you mean. if you advertise 200 minutes calling in US, I would think that is any number in US? ae you saying you can only call certain area codes and not others?

You can call "most" numbers in US as pointed out by @Anonymous . The area codes/prefixes he's provided won't work.

@gblackma wrote:

@chum Try checking the sent folder of your private message envelope top right of your screen.

As suggested by @gblackma you should see something like this in your sent folder

mod.jpg

chum

e 0 messages sent, so that means the ticket wasnot submitted?

chum

isn't 200 minutes in the US good for any number? I don't understand what you mean. if you advertise 200 minutes calling in US, I would think that is any number in US? ae you saying you can only call certain area codes and not others?

@chum Try checking the sent folder of your private message envelope top right of your screen.

chum

no numbers in the us work, I tried various ones. calling in Canada is fine because I already have Canada wide calling in my main package.  now I have to wait for this moderator I guess, but I don't even know if a ticket was submitted by the bot. is there any way to check help tickets in my account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chum 

So with not calling a toll free number, none of us can call the following area code/prefixes:

712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881

@hairbag1 wrote:

@chum wrote:

this is the plan I purchased, 200 min us and Canada ld

Annotation 2020-03-30 155522.png

You have the correct add-on to be able to call any number in US or Canada.  Try calling any valid number in US to confirm if it is working.

If you confirm that you cannot call a US number, can you call a local number?

@chum wrote:

You have the correct add-on to be able to call any number in US or Canada.  Try calling any valid number in US to confirm if it is working.

chum

chum

I tried to submit a ticket, who knows if it worked or not. message from this bot thing says to login to complete ticket request , I was already logged in, so I have no idea if any moderator will email me or if the ticket was even submitted. This is a nightmare quite frankly. Been almost 2 hours and nothing. I tried all the "tricks" you listed, none of which worked. except I did not add another $1, I already gave $20 today for nothing. No business should operate like this.

@chum wrote:

wish I could. does not allow me to paste into here

Screen shot picture and save.

Do this:

im1.jpg

im2.jpg

chum

wish I could. does not allow me to paste into here

@chum wrote:

I have tried various us numbers and the message is the same everytime, that I have no long distance and no addon, even though it is clearly listed on my account. Now I am stuck with no phone service and everything is closed because of coronavirus. very disappointed in public mobile at this point. time to switch to regular provider

@chum  Are you on a limited calling plan? Can you call a local number?

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

@chum  for some reason your service has not been reset properly. Try using these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

@chum wrote:

I have tried various us numbers and the message is the same everytime, that I have no long distance and no addon, even though it is clearly listed on my account. Now I am stuck with no phone service and everything is closed because of coronavirus. very disappointed in public mobile at this point. time to switch to regular provider

Could you please screen shot your plan for us. Thanks.

plan.jpg

chum

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chum 

For a likely el cheapo reason, some toll free subscribers choose to limit the geographic regions that can call them via their toll free.

So now with your 200 minutes, find a regular number with who you're trying to call and call them normally.

Or use another phone to verify that the number is not reachable from here.

@chum  do you know if that's a US only toll free number?  Is there another number, one not toll free that you can call instead ?

@chum wrote:

yes, I purchased the us and Canada 200 minutes . it and shows as an add on  my account. I restarted my phone, tried number again, same message that I have no addon

@chum  Sometime that error occurs when the number you are calling is incorrect. Make sure you have the correct number or try calling another number in the US that you know works.

Need Help? Let's chat.