cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet connection

stookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am using huawei y6 pro dual sim android 5.1. Both IMEIs were checked on PM site saying it should work. I can make a calls via PM network using my phone. I am also registered in data network indicating presend of 4G and H, but still cannot connect. Access Point APN is set up correctly as per this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

Any idea why I still cannot go to internet? Using my older dual sim MOTO G 2nd generation it works so it is not issue of SIM card. I assume there is some tricky setup about which I have no clue. Thanks for feedback.

28 REPLIES 28

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pseale wrote:

My similar problem (no internet in the absence of WiFi) is solved, thanks to your tip to try turning Roaming on.  I turned it on (with WiFi off), and was able to access the internet.  Then I turned Roaming off, and WiFi off, still able to access the internet using data.

Thanks. PROBLEM SOLVED (after spending hours with the vendor who sold me the Public Mobile plan, with Apple Store employee, with techie friends, with Telus Store, with Telus customer phone line, etc.)

Do

pseale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My similar problem (no internet in the absence of WiFi) is solved, thanks to your tip to try turning Roaming on.  I turned it on (with WiFi off), and was able to access the internet.  Then I turned Roaming off, and WiFi off, still able to access the internet using data.

Thanks. PROBLEM SOLVED (after spending hours with the vendor who sold me the Public Mobile plan, with Apple Store employee, with techie friends, with Telus Store, with Telus customer phone line, etc.)

NitinSharma725

@Dunkman no I didn't sign-up for auto pay. 

Thanks for all your help. 🙂

@NitinSharma725

If you did not sign up for autopay, all you need to do is let the plan expire and after 3 months, the account and attached phone number will be closed permanently. 

If you ported out to Virgin the number, the account is already closed. 

To be safe, if you have a credit card attached to the account, you may want to remove the credit card from the self service account.  Too bad that it did not work for you.  

NitinSharma725

@Dunkman

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. 

However, the issue still exists and now I've got a new SIM card from Virgin and it works fine on my phone. 

Another question for you, this Public Mobile connection was a prepaid connection. I don't want to use it anymore. So should I just not load it again and destroy the SIM card, or is there any process involved, where I'll have to get this connection deactivated?

NitinSharma725

@ShawnC13

Yes, it works on WiFi and yes, I checked, the cellular data was enabled at times when my phone wasn't connected to  WiFi. Thanks for the help though.

@NitinSharma725 wrote:

yes, @stookie I can make calls from the phone and yes my phone is unlocked. But still can't connect to the internet. Thanks for the help though.

Does your phone work on Wifi?  A silly question but do you have cellular/mobile data turned on?  Sometimes it gets toggled off and it isn't something people check or think about.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@NitinSharma725

Sorry to hear that.  I am out of ideas.  You may need to contact moderator with your issue.  It will take 1-2 days for the moderators to respond.  Maybe some other community members can help you.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

NitinSharma725

yes, @stookie I can make calls from the phone and yes my phone is unlocked. But still can't connect to the internet. Thanks for the help though.

NitinSharma725

@Dunkman Thanks for the suggestions. 

I tried them all including factory reseting the phone but the issue persists. And yes, there is data available and active.

stookie

As per this https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_zuk_z2-8125.php you should be OK with PM network. Are you sure the phone is unlocked? Can you make at least a call from that phone?

@NitinSharma725

Your phone should work with Public Mobile.  

Check your APN Setting for your specific phone...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/lenovo-zuk-z2

Make sure it is exactly the same including upper and lower case letters.  

Reboot phone.  

Check your self service plan to make sure that your data is active or you have enough data left.

Another idea is possibly backup your phone and do a factory reset.  

NitinSharma725

Hi, I've a Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus. I've checked the network compatibility with the help of the IMEI number. It works. I've also checked that my phone supports frequency bands:

GSM - 850, 900, 1800, 1900; WCDMA - 850, 900, 1900, 2100; 4G LTE (TDD) - Bands (38, 39, 40, 41), LTE (FDD) - Bands (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 😎

The APN setting were also rest. Still there's no internet connectivity.

Can someone help?

Thanks for the update. Wish I had more ideas, but I really don't know why it's not working 😞

My final suggestion would be to try a factory reset of the phone, but that is also a long-shot.

stookie

hello @sheytoon

that roaming did not help. still getting msg no internet connection. but thanks for the tip anyway.

yes i have data plan. i have used befor with moto g but when i got this huawei with 2gb ram from friend of mine i wanted to use it here. Looks like this is not possible due to incompatibility.

I have used this phone in EU for european data plan and it worked fine accross number of countries. Today I changed sim to my old moto G and will stick with it until I find some other affordable dual SIM to be working in Public Mobile.

Thank you

@stookie

Thanks for the screenshots. You might want to remove your phone number from one of them.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong. SIM 2 supports 3G, so it should work. Can you try one thing? Enable data roaming (hopefully you are not near the US border) and try data again. It's a long shot, but maybe the phone didn't read the network info correctly from the SIM.

A few more questions: do you have data on your plan? If you log in online, does it show active data remaining in your billing cycle? Have you successfully used data on THIS phone with another provider/SIM on 3G?

stookie

Hello @sheytoon , 

thank you for follow up post.

I attach all the screenshots requested.

Currently using only 1 slot for PM (testing slot number 2) with all networks enabled.

Screens also show the 4G and 3G presents. Phone is tuned up for both bands.

SMS works fine. I sent 2 msgs this morning to my overseas phone having with me and both were delivered.

I can also make a calls. I tried number of times, also this morning for the slot 2. Other party was able to hear me and I was able to hear them. 

Screenshot_2017-09-12-07-57-08.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-37-44.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-58-40.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-38-19.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-38-28.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-38-40.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-38-51.pngScreenshot_2017-09-12-07-39-06.png

@xCameron94x, @CS_Agent (Abdoulaye):

Sorry, but that's not correct. If phone calls work on 3G, then so should data. Bell and Telus do in fact share network coverage, including all frequencies for 3G and almost all for LTE (except LTE B30). Moderators, please try to be more knowledgeable about this.

@stookie

The specs say 850 and 1900 MHz are not supported, can you confirm you can make voice calls / SMS with a Public Mobile SIM? If so, the phone specs on the website are wrong and we can continue.

Are you sure the APN is set up correctly and data is enabled on the correct SIM? Are you using both SIM slots simultaneously? I think only one of them will work with data. Have you tried putting the PM SIM in the other slot? For 3G 850 MHz (B5), there's no other bands that would work with downlink only, otherwise your voice calls would not work. You have another issue entirely.

Can you post screenshots of your APN settings?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x small correction:  it's ROGERS that operates a 2G GSM network in Canada, not Bell.  But otherwise a great response.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Bonjour Patdezo,

Merci de nous avoir contactés concernant votre problème de connexion aux données Internet.

Tout d'abord, vous devriez s'assurer de mettre a jour le système d'exploitation de votre téléphone. Si le problème persiste, veuillez nous envoyer un message privé pour plus d'assistance.

Cordialement

Abdoulaye

Patdezo

Bonjour j'ai un asus zenphone 3 max dual sim je peut faire des call jai programer le apn et toujour pas de donner help

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,

Indeed, we are just only the TELUS network coverage.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

If it is from Europe, then it deffenitly will not work. 

For 3G Telus uses 850/1900

This model uses: 900 / 2100

So you are most likely connecting to a bell tower, thats why calls work, but you are unable to access data, or have very limited access to it

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi stookie,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Since that your phone frequencies band does not match to the required one with US, I regret to inform you that this device won't be able to connect on Data service.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

stookie

It filters out the T1T world so cannot really post the whole link for specs of my model.20170911 13 37 13.jpg

stookie

I did my research based on your input and this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-know-if-my-phone-will-work-o... and it looks like https://www.mobileshop.eu/mobile-phones/huawei/y6-pro-dual-sim-**bleep**-l01/ I miss 850 for 3G one way and 1700 for LTE for one way. That's why I can see the signal but it communicates only one way (up or down I am not sure), so phone cannot receive or send data. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

stookie

Hello,

actually I have **bleep**-L01

Brought from Europe. I assumed there would be issue with 4G but I brought it anyway and I turned 4G off. It indicates it gets 3G signal but actually in reality it does not work. Yes I restarted couple of times. Do you kow by any chance if **bleep**-L01 has chance to connect or can we exclude this hypothesis? In that case I go back to my old phone for a while. Thank you

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

This is a screen shot of the two y6 Pro models, and their compatability with PM. As you can see, both are limited. Based off what I can see on your post. If you have texts and calls working, Im assuming you have theTIT-U02 model. So you are unable to access 4G LTE, so you can only access 3G Speeds. or maybe it is just unable to connect to data somehow, perhaps someone else can weigh in

Have you tried restarting your phone?

y6.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.