cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no discount of 90 days compared to 30 days?

HowieNB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am looking at potentially signing up and compared the a $35 plan (1GB, unlimited Canada call and text) over 30 days to a $105 plan (3GB, unlimited Canada call and text) over 90 days. As you can see 3 time $35 is $105, so there is no discount to go 90 days. Does that make sense? When I previously checked out this website there was a discount when doing a 90 day plan. Any idea why there is not here?

Also are all 3BG available from day 1 on for the 90 plan?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, PM has removed the incentives and 90-day discounts that appeared over the past few years.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why - it is because from a marketing standpoint it is hard to explain the pricepoints for a 90 day plan.  The average Canadian customer is used to comparing Monthly Plan pricepoints, not Quarterly.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Back in the day, there was good incentive to go long.  These days, it's almost a disincentive.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @HowieNB,  

As @MoreYummy mentioned plan prices and incentives can change from time to time, and literally at anytime.  Up to PM when they want to do that.  But if you activate on that price point then generally it won't change.  I guess in this case PM sees the benefit for the client to be able to have 3GB all up front as opposed to being limited to just 1GB per month.  However on the flip side users may end up using up the entire 3GB extremely early and then either upgrade to a larger plan midway through the 90 days or purchase a data add-on.  I'm sure PM noticed some trends and decided no point in giving away the farm all the time, and sees it as a nice way to generate some more revenue.  

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

You're right, there use to be more incentive to sign up for a 90 day plan. The only benefit, as already mentioned, is that you get your entire 3GB to use how you want over the 90 days. Some people like that. I don't use enough data to know if having 1GB over 30 days is better than 3GB over 90 days. The 90 day plan I have did have incentive over a 30 day plan.

bf7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Their are still discounts for 90 day plans

$6 per 90 days for autoplay

$3 per 90 days for referral

$3 * how many years you've been with pm (max of 5 years) per 90 days for loyalty

community rewards are the same, but I believe you can earn up to $60 every 90 days

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

From time to time, the plan will change.  Not sure why there is no discount on this particular plan.  

To your second question:  Yes, you will have the 3GB at the first day of the cycle, you can use it anytime during the whole cycle,  that's one advantage of 90 days plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.