cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new account

kylescratch1952
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my wife received a text message saying she only has 10 minutes left in her plan. she has barely used her phone so why the text message. who do we talk to about this?

9 REPLIES 9

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@kylescratch1952 

Login into your wife's account and count get minutes

If the number is not 90 but 90 shows in overview then contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

I have seen incoming minutes being counted before by mistake, so it is possible

If the overview page doesn't say 90 you can ignore the message, we have seen those texts sent by mistake too.

Now if it is 90, it's ok you don't need to rush and switch her to 25 plan, there are some great tricks you can use to turn it into virtually unlimited plan.

First she can try to raton and use 'pls call me' texts also get 500 minutes that never expire just so she is not stuck without any minutes

Bit I that doesn't work out and she consumes more than 600 mins monthly:

Open a fongo account for her, it's free with unlimited calling and free call transfers.

She can use forgo to call herself, when she answers it is incoming call hence free. Then she can transfer the call to where she wants to call and talk for hours.

To get visual like voicemail you can go to her calling app on her phone and set missed calls to go to her new fongo. Set fongo to go to voicemail after one ring. Set it also to email the copy of voicemail.

Now she never has to call into her voicemail and use up get minutes for that, she can just press a button to listen, she can dial 1 in fongo or get it in her inbox.

I have tested, one call transfer will cost 0.07megs and she gets 250 megs of data, combined with WiFi it should

Hope this helps

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kylescratch1952 you can contact customer support mods here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@kylescratch1952 

From a post by @gblackma :

Add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Strat62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I realize that kylescratch1952 has not specifically stated the cause of the all the minutes getting used is due to checking voicemails.  But voicemail checking remotely can be done from another phone with excess or unlimited minutes, therefore not using any of the primary phone minutes.

1. Call the phone number you wish to check voicemail for (primary phone)

2. Reject the call, or allow it to ring long enough to reach the voicemail greeting.

3. While the greeting is playing push * button on the callers phone

4. Follow prompts to entre password

This can be used to listen to voicemails or even change you voicemail greeting.

Very handy when you also can't physically get to the phone e.g, dead battery, out of country etc.

@kylescratch1952   You can consider buying a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes.

Two steps to buy an add-on.

1- add $ 5 to your account

2- Click Purchase add-ons and go buy the $5 add-on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kylescratch1952 wrote:

my wife received a text message saying she only has 10 minutes left in her plan. she has barely used her phone so why the text message. who do we talk to about this?

@kylescratch1952 hi after checking self serve 

to contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the RossN_0-1603843367377.png lower right corner 

to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kylescratch1952  is she on the $15 plan which has 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days?

If so, have you logged into the account to see how many minutes are left?

Remember you're billed by the minute not by the second. If you call someone and it goes to voicemail and you hang up right away. That's one minute not 3 seconds.

Also when you call your own voicemail you are charged as well. Listening to a voicemail and it take 1 minute and 3 seconds costs 2 minutes.

Let us know!

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kylescratch1952 wrote:

@kylescratch1952 hi she can check in her self serve to check her minutes each call even 2or 3 seconds count as a minute also checking her voice mail also counts towards her minutes used 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kylescratch1952 wrote:

If she uses her phone to listen to voicemails then that uses minutes. Is this the $15 plan or the old $10 plan? The old $10 plan is ALL calls totaling 50 minutes.

Edit: then I saw the subject line. Or using the phone to set up voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.