cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new $35.00 plan from text message

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone else receive a text message from Public stating "if you need more data, here's an offer just fo ryou: 3GB incl. AutoPay bonus + unlim. talk & text for $35+tax/mo 

I don't see any way to upgrade to this from the plan packages, I replied like they asked me to and they said they would upgrade it May 27, even thought my renewal date is april 27. 

Just wondering if anyone else seen or done this and if the dates were wrong and if they can pick this any other way besides replying in the text message. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I can confirm that the 10$ 2GB offer is only for people that have been with PM for 45 days. My billing cycle reset today and I got no text message regarding the YES35 deal.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zakhan78 

This promotion is a bit different, you don't actually change your plan as you will end up with 1.5g for $35.

The selected people who received the sms must reply to that sms with the given code indicating that they want to switch. Scheduling the switch may disrupt that or even deem then ineligible as they have to be on$25 plan to be eligible.

BearFBI

@totalUser wrote:

@BearFBI 

Would you mind keeping us posted?

A friend downgraded yesterday to 25 when she heard about it (literally the day before her renewal), she's hoping to get the message as well. She's hopeless optimist.

I'm under impression that the took the status at one point and sent out the messages. But I may be wrong, maybe they will be sending out more.

@totalUser I definitely will!

Julia_T
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Mountainmaxman, the reason your rate plan will change next month is because customers have 1 week, until April 29, to reply to the offer. Your rate plan will change in the month after on May 27. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mountainmaxman , the plan change is supposedly automated.  So, keep a screenshot of your acceptance to take the offer just in case. 

@totalUser wrote:

@BearFBI 

A friend downgraded yesterday to 25 when she heard about it (literally the day before her renewal), she's hoping to get the message as well. She's hopeless optimist.

I'm under impression that the took the status at one point and sent out the messages. But I may be wrong, maybe they will be sending out more.

The mods gave the parameters, active used for 45 days, on the $25.00 account. Not sure if the 25.00 accounts had to be between a certain time though, you might be right.  

@BearFBI 

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To change the plan , you can choose the option from my account.

It gives option to get renewed on renewal or right now. Once you select your plan will be updated on the base of your selection.

thanks

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

Yes, there have been a couple of threads going around for this. It is legit as @CS_Agent  had confirmed such. 

BearFBI

@totalUser Hmm. My first cycle is on the 25th so I wonder if I would receive it.

@Triguy 

It was sent to long term customers too, those with $25 plan and more than one cycle with public mobile I believe

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman it was sent to customers on the $25 plan with over 45 days of service. Stay safe. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

Do you see it in your selfserve account? When you click on the plan details in the overview it should give you the renewal charge info.Screenshot_2020-04-24-12-36-56~2.png

If the date is wrong contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It was sent to existing customers on the $25 plan over 45 days of service.

Here is a thread about it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/New-targeted-offer-for-some-current-cli...

According to the terms.  You have the choice to accept and upgrade to the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data on the next renewal date between May 1st and 30th 2020.

Need Help? Let's chat.