cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone service stopped all of a sudden

DustNboneZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need someone who works for public mobile to look into this for me.

I auto renew around the 20th of every month and this month I received my auto bonus but I did not get charged for my monthly pre paid account.  I have just now gone in and manually renewed my plan. 

I have had this thing on auto renew for 1 year with no problems.  I dont know why this happened. 

9 REPLIES 9

(threads merged)

@DustNboneZAutopay can fail from time to time. Just make a payment get the phone working and move on.

DustNboneZ

there is nothing wrong with my phone at all.

i have been with the service on auto renew for a year. 

It just didn't auto renew, said my plan is expired, and my phone wasn't making or receiving calls because i had no service.  There should be no reason for this happening.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DustNboneZ wrote:

I need someone who works for public mobile to look into this for me.

I auto renew around the 20th of every month and this month I received my auto bonus but I did not get charged for my monthly pre paid account.  I have just now gone in and manually renewed my plan. 

I have had this thing on auto renew for 1 year with no problems.  I dont know why this happened. 

@DustNboneZYour renewal date will keep changing because it's 30 days and not monthly. The way renewal works is that the rewards get applied then your account balance funds are applied against the amount owing and if there is still a remainder the your cc will get charged via AutoPay. Did you phone stop working and that is why you renewed manually? If you phone was still working maybe your renewal was just getting started or the rewards applied were related to your previous renewal.

Best to check you Payment History via selfserve to determine what happened. If you still need to have PM investigate the submit a ticket. To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DustNboneZ wrote:

My auto renew Happened on October 19 this morning I go to use my phone to make a call and it's not working.

Not sure what happened to my previous post but here goes again --

Do you have an iPhone that just upgraded to IOS 13.1.3 ?  If yes it could be that the update screwed things up. In my case the phone was set to auto update and the same as you when I went to use it in the morning it didn't work and in addition all my photos , contacts and notes and texts were also deleted. Fortunately I had my photos, notes and contacts in iCloud that I was able to retrieve. What worked for me was that I connected to iTunes and a pop up showed  something like that my network settings need to be updated and after they were my phone worked fine again. ------------Suggest to all to turn off auto updates.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

First if you see the reactivate button in your self serve, click it and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

If that doesn't work, try the Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

Your warning in red is correct.  I believe it is a universal thing that affects any account which isues the lost phone/found phone toggle to address acount related issues.  I have used it on my account to put them into suspension and I always lose rewards when restoring service.  Really this behavior does not make sense.  Even if an account is kept suspended, the service clock does not stop and the current paid cycle will run down as if the service is active.  Long story short, I would not advocate using the lost phone/found phone toggle unless you are prepared to have additional follow up to correct rewards on the next renewal. 

First if you see the reactivate button in your self serve, click it and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

If that doesn't work, try the Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

@DustNboneZ 

More details may be helpful.

In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  Were you charged on October 19 for your renewal?  Was your phone working yesterday?  What about text and data?  

Sometimes autopay fails.  If no funds were withdrawn, then you can try to "re-activate" your plan.  

DustNboneZ

My auto renew Happened on October 19 this morning I go to use my phone to make a call and it's not working.

Need Help? Let's chat.