cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my data usage is a compete mystery

Skidood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have the standard 1.5 GB data package and I had also purchased a 1 GB add-on.

Please see the screenshot below.

There appears to be 509MB remaining from the add-on amount...but there is no indication anyhere of how much usage has been applied to the other 1.5 GB . 

How much data in total have I used since opening the account on Oct 20th?   

Untitled.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with you 100% @wetcoaster, the mods are great once they get to you... I think the issue many people have is  getting used to this support method and b the not knowing the eta of help.  at least when on hold you you usually are informed about the wait time and ofen have the option to hang up and try again or have a call back.

I think the biggest issue with PM's model is the lack of information regarding wait time.  if they simply put working on tickets from time x, alot of angst would be avoided and people would know where in teh queue they are. 

@Skidood wrote:

So in other words, my account page does not show how much data I have used.

Only how much of the add-on has been used. 

I did actually find out how much data I have used since opening my account by using my phone's data monitor.

Between the impossible methodology for contacting a support person (based on my experiences this morning) and the lack of information on my account pages, I think PM is a little too bare-bones for me.

At this point on this page, yes. That's because all your plan data is used up, as @mimmo pointed out. If you had data left it would show on that page the same way your add-on shows up.

As mentioned you can check your daily usage in the usage history.

If you need help for issues that need account access you'll have to send a private message to the moderator team. They work on a first come first serve basis. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

I personally found that, time spent on hold and being chucked out of the line by the system included, I've had better, faster and friendlier customer service from Public Mobile than any other cell phone provider with phone support I have been with over the years. YMMV, of course.

mimmo

@Skidood  plan data can be looked like as an addon.  it will show you how much is remaining until it is used up then it dissapears.  once it is gone you know you have used the full amount.

your current addon will disapear once it is used up.

if you decide to leave PM then do so towards teh end of your term as there are no refunds  for unused portions, or when you run out of data (which ever is more important)

Skidood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So in other words, my account page does not show how much data I have used.

Only how much of the add-on has been used. 

I did actually find out how much data I have used since opening my account by using my phone's data monitor.

Between the impossible methodology for contacting a support person (based on my experiences this morning) and the lack of information on my account pages, I think PM is a little too bare-bones for me.

mimmo

You have used 1.5 GB of your plan data and half of your addon

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Skidood

Please edit the phone number in your picture, this is a public forum.

The data usage of your plan is accounted over your full billing cycle. If it doesn't show up in your profile you have used it all up. (A quirk of the portal that can be confusing.)

You can go into usage history to check the daily amount of data used.

Check your phone to see what apps are eating your data and turn off unnecessary background data usage / configure updates via WiFi only.

You can install a data manager like Data Witness to monitor your usage over your 90 day cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.