cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving between plans

Keithch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm new to public mobile. If I start off with the $10 plan and later decide to upgrade to say for e.g. the $35 plan, will i have to wait till the next billing cycle ? I assume I can also stay with the same phine number ?

Thanks,

K

7 REPLIES 7

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@Keithch, yes you can change between plans at any time technically, however it's recommended to have your plan change at your next cycle.  If you change your plan mid cycle then you will need to pre-pay for the new plan, and you will lose/forfeit whatever payment you made towards your existing plan.  

For example:  Jan 1 you start a $10 plan, by Jan 15 you want to switch to a $35 plan and make it effective on Jan 15.  Then you'll immediately need to pay $35 to start that new plan and begin a new cycle from Jan 15.  The payment of $10 you made on Jan 1 is now completely lost, you will not get any pro-rated refund/credit.  However if you set the system to change your plan on your next cycle, i.e. Jan 31 instead of Jan 15, then you don't forfeit your $10 and you'll get the full month of this plan & payment. (hopefully this makes some sense).

Regarding your phone number, you can change your plan as many times as you want and you will never lose your number.

Exactly. Just to clear things up it's not a month, it's a 30 Day Plan 

Keithch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome. Thank you the solution 🙂

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Keithch, yes you can change between plans at any time technically, however it's recommended to have your plan change at your next cycle.  If you change your plan mid cycle then you will need to pre-pay for the new plan, and you will lose/forfeit whatever payment you made towards your existing plan.  

For example:  Jan 1 you start a $10 plan, by Jan 15 you want to switch to a $35 plan and make it effective on Jan 15.  Then you'll immediately need to pay $35 to start that new plan and begin a new cycle from Jan 15.  The payment of $10 you made on Jan 1 is now completely lost, you will not get any pro-rated refund/credit.  However if you set the system to change your plan on your next cycle, i.e. Jan 31 instead of Jan 15, then you don't forfeit your $10 and you'll get the full month of this plan & payment. (hopefully this makes some sense).

Regarding your phone number, you can change your plan as many times as you want and you will never lose your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cin7 wrote:
@Keithch

If you are switching to a "special offer" price, current eg. $30 for unlimited calling/texting and 1GB data, you might consider sending a private message to the Moderator Team to make sure that the special offer will still be valid at the time when you're new billing cycle starts.

It has been well established that if you see a plan on offer and that you select it for future change, they would honour it even if the offer is no longer available.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Keithch

Ditto to all replies. I recently made a change to my PM phone plan and selected "change on next renewal". The website notified me that the change would take effect on the date when my new billing cycle would start.

If you are switching to a "special offer" price, current eg. $30 for unlimited calling/texting and 1GB data, you might consider sending a private message to the Moderator Team to make sure that the special offer will still be valid at the time when you're new billing cycle starts.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes you keep the same number.

You have two choices change on renewal or change immideatly. The second option creates a new billing cycle and you forego the remainder of your current plan.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, you can change plans, but when you do, you should choose "change on next renewal" instead of change immediately.  If you change immediately (before the end of your billing cycle), you would lose the time remaining on your current plan, as there are no refunds for preopaid service.  The phone number is unaffected by plan changes, so you can keep that no problem. 

Edit: If by "stay with the same phone number", you mean your number with your old provider before you came to Public Mobile, yes, you can port your number from any carrier to PM, as long as your account with that provider is still active at the time of your port.

Need Help? Let's chat.