cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved back to public mobile!!!

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So I had to switch to koodo since my renewal date was Feb 16th and when I got the messge on Feb 15th...i didn't have to think twice.

As we all know what happened on Feb 16th....so I requested one of the mod to switch me back to public mobile from koodo. Why? because i simply prefer prepaid service over post paid.

The transition took about 30 minutes. Hard part was getting a sim card! I basically went to three walmart store, two WoW mobile store in Mississauga but could not find a sim card. Finally got a sim card at K mobile (30 eglinton avenue west in mississauga if anyone needs it) after calling the shop owner and requesting him to stay extra 10 mins after his closing hour. He also sells top up vouchers if anyone needs it considering how shoppers and Walmart are always out. (yes I don't like using cc online)

Yes I lost my loyalty reward because i had setup a new account  but the mod was kind enough to compensate me for that as well.

11 REPLIES 11

sushmaB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for sharing your experience, I went to Kmobile store that you mentioned and the store rep was really helpfull.

Your post helped me alot

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Civic_Ewrote:

So I had to switch to koodo since my renewal date was Feb 16th and when I got the messge on Feb 15th...i didn't have to think twice.

As we all know what happened on Feb 16th....so I requested one of the mod to switch me back to public mobile from koodo. Why? because i simply prefer prepaid service over post paid.

The transition took about 30 minutes. Hard part was getting a sim card! I basically went to three walmart store, two WoW mobile store in Mississauga but could not find a sim card. Finally got a sim card at K mobile (30 eglinton avenue west in mississauga if anyone needs it) after calling the shop owner and requesting him to stay extra 10 mins after his closing hour. He also sells top up vouchers if anyone needs it considering how shoppers and Walmart are always out. (yes I don't like using cc online)

Yes I lost my loyalty reward because i had setup a new account  but the mod was kind enough to compensate me for that as well.

@Civic_E

Welcome back.  I'm glad PM gave you back the Fall promo plan plus some credit after that fiasco.  That's the least they could do after putting you through that stressful hassle only to end up back in the same place.  Cat Frustrated

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can't blame you @Civic_E, welcome back home 🙂

Thanks for reporting back to us on how painless and quick it was to move back to your original $120/4Gb plan!

Excellent news! Welcome "home", @Civic_E!

mimmo

wow good for you. after all is said and done,  I have to say PM does treat it's customers well. 🙂

Civic_E

@mimmowrote:

@Civic_E  doing some mental math  It migt be wrong...

going to koodo you would have been  15 sim card + $100 credit = 85$ credit sins you moved right before renewal.

returning to PM = 10$ pm sim , + 15$ koodo sim  +$12 loyalty credit, 24 auto pay (1 year)   =  11 credit or 47  for two years (adding additional loyalty and autopay)

Wounld't it have been cheaper to stay with koodo?  apart from liking prepaid better?

@mimmoI was given credit for new pm sim, koodo sim and other related cost (total of $57 credit) 😊

mimmo

@Civic_E  doing some mental math  It migt be wrong...

going to koodo you would have been  15 sim card + $100 credit = 85$ credit sins you moved right before renewal.

returning to PM = 10$ pm sim , + 15$ koodo sim  +$12 loyalty credit, 24 auto pay (1 year)   =  11 credit or 47  for two years (adding additional loyalty and autopay)

Wounld't it have been cheaper to stay with koodo?  apart from liking prepaid better?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Must say that I am totaly shocked!  So often support reps tell you oh, I can't do that.  That plan is no longer available.  Blah.  Blah.  Blah.

Great news.  Hopefully others will follow (if they weren't totally turned off by PM).

Civic_E

@mimmowrote:

welcome back.

did you get your orriginal plan back?

Yes got the fall promo back! So if anyone else who moved to Koodo and would like to come back then contact one of the mod

mimmo

welcome back.

did you get your orriginal plan back?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Civic_E, Did you get the same plan back?

Need Help? Let's chat.