cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more data or change plan?

HTime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thinking about changing the plan for my wife who is travelling and needs more data.

Seems like a better deal to just change her plan for the 2 months she is travelling.

Any disadvantages to changing from the $25 plan to $40 plan?

Not sure if the charges are prorated when the change in plan happens mid billing cycle?

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Eliza5 wrote:

How does one cancel the $25 plan and change to another then schedule back to the $25 plan without losing the years we have had or the plan.  What if the $25 plan is no longer offered when we want to move back.  Does PM keep our place as long as it is scheduled in advance?

How do we do this through self-serve?

Your loyalty stays with the active account not the plan.

If you schedule a change to an offered plan then you'll get it even if the offered plan is dropped before you actually get it. If you change to a different plan then you always risk them dropping the plan you were once on. I'm on the $10 plan. If I changed plans then I won't be able to go back because the plan is no longer offered.

It's all under the Change Plan button.

@Eliza5 

As @Anonymous said, the loyalty reward is not affected.  If you account is suspended more than 60 days(IIRC), your loyalty anniversary date will be extended by the same number of days your account was suspended.

If you scheduled your $25 plan before it was no longer offered, you will still get the $25 plan.

PM usually gives us at least one day notice before PM remove the offer.  You may still have a short time to schedule the plan change.  Disclaimer:   Past results do not guarantee that PM will continue the same practice.  YMMV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliza5 wrote:

How does one cancel the $25 plan and change to another then schedule back to the $25 plan without losing the years we have had or the plan.  What if the $25 plan is no longer offered when we want to move back.  Does PM keep our place as long as it is scheduled in advance?

Your loyalty stays with the active account not the plan.

If you schedule a change to an offered plan then you'll get it even if the offered plan is dropped before you actually get it. If you change to a different plan then you always risk them dropping the plan you were once on. I'm on the $10 plan. If I changed plans then I won't be able to go back because the plan is no longer offered.

It's all under the Change Plan button.

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping ,

Eliza5

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@HTime the data will only work within Canada, not outside of Canada. Of she is going to the US to get data, she has to add a 10 day roaming data or 10 day roaming talk, text and data addon. Anywhere else in the wolrd, add a local sim card. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HTime 

We don't know when PM will stop offering the $25 plan.  If you worry about it, you can schedule plan change back to the $25 plan right after your switch to a new plan with more data.  Since she will be traveling for 2 months, remember to cancel the scheduled $25 plan change before next renewal.  Then, rescheduled again after renewal.

HTime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

awesome info 

thank you

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@HTime hi it is best to select change at renewal as you will lose your money for your old plan if you change mid cycle 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you change your plan in self-serve, you can either have the change take effect immediately or have it change at the next renewal date which is probably what will work best for you. I don't see any disadvantage in changing to the $40 plan as long as your wife is travelling only in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.