cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data not working

medwolves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

my mobile data keeps on connecting and disconnecting.  Can't  use my data after adding free giveaway 1gb data and long distances minutes.

16 REPLIES 16

audrar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dunkman wrote:

Wonder if there is a potential system glitch with the new promo gift.  Hope not.....   give a free 1 GB data add on, but messes up some people's accounts.  Not the first people on the forum that have complained about issues with promo data....

Seriously I think it is a glitch. With the number of people reporting issues.... Something is wrong. I somehow blew through 1.7Gb of data in 3 hours whil being on wifi.... Or at least that's what PM is saying. Yet I look at my data usage on my phone and I've used less than 500mb this week. How is PM saying that I've used almost 2gb but my phone is tracking 500mb?!?! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@K_The_Grey wrote:

Would love to try that, but the self serve website is down.

PM self-server portal is still working.  I just login.

K_The_Grey

Would love to try that, but the self serve website is down.

cindysha

if you are talking about the 1GB Holiday Bonus Data, I have the same problem. Even when the mobile data is off, the 1Gb data still runed out in a few minute. And when I turned on the mobile data, the LTE runs on and off, I have no idea what is going on.

Let's try the $1 top up to trigger the provision trick, hope it work.

K_The_Grey

My data is officially all gone, and my phone has not logged any of it in the data usage.  I had closed all background apps and ensured Personal hotspot was off.  There is no explaination as to where the data went.  We need a solution to this please.  I am afraid of updating my plan to add more data if it will simply dissappear in 5 minutes like it did last time, and I need my phone data to work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

Wonder if there is a potential system glitch with the new promo gift.  Hope not.....   give a free 1 GB data add on, but messes up some people's accounts.  Not the first people on the forum that have complained about issues with promo data....

I wonder too. After reading this, I tried out my "data" line. The phone does little to nothing else with data. It still has data from that 5gb promo a while back. I got this gift. It showed 0. Turned on data and refreshed the counter. 10-odd megs were taken from the gift. Refreshed again and 47-odd megs. Turned off data. Refreshed and no change. Flipped in and out of airplane mode and no change. Um...yeah...not the 5.293MB usual buffer. Somethings up.

@Tiana_V 

@K_The_Grey wrote:

Same Issue.  I added the bonus data, and about 10 minutes ago my internet stopped working.  I logged into the SelfServe to see what my usage was at, I had 3 gig left two hours ago.  1 Gig on the normal plan, 1 Gig addon and the 1 Gig Holiday promo.  When I logged in now it said I had 500 MB left, total.  I refreshed, it dropped to 300, I refreshed again 250...  now I am out and can't explain it.  I reset my Cellular usage stats on Nov 28th, and my phone says I have only used 346 MB since then.  Something has gone screwy

@CS_Agent 

There are several people on the forum that are having issues with their bonus 1 GB data.  Is this a system issue? If so, please make an announcement.  

K_The_Grey

Same Issue.  I added the bonus data, and about 10 minutes ago my internet stopped working.  I logged into the SelfServe to see what my usage was at, I had 3 gig left two hours ago.  1 Gig on the normal plan, 1 Gig addon and the 1 Gig Holiday promo.  When I logged in now it said I had 500 MB left, total.  I refreshed, it dropped to 300, I refreshed again 250...  now I am out and can't explain it.  I reset my Cellular usage stats on Nov 28th, and my phone says I have only used 346 MB since then.  Something has gone screwy

popping

@maych5n wrote:

I have the same issue above after redeeming the holiday add-on. I tried restarting my phone and manual APN set up but neither works. My data usage also goes up and down.

Your plan may not provisioned correctly.  Try add $1 to your account.  This will trigger PM server to provision your plan again.

maych5n

I have the same issue above after redeeming the holiday add-on. I tried restarting my phone and manual APN set up but neither works. My data usage also goes up and down.

popping

@canada168 wrote:

I have the same issue after redeem holiday add-on.  No data any more. When log in my account,  the data usage keeps going up and down.

Restart you phone may help

canada168

I have the same issue after redeem holiday add-on.  No data any more. When log in my account,  the data usage keeps going up and down.

aneeshbansal

Many problems get resolved by just rebooting/restarting your phone.

I had this issue, however after restarting it was ok.

I hope it helps

popping

@medwolves wrote:

Hi there,

my mobile data keeps on connecting and disconnecting.  Can't  use my data after adding free giveaway 1gb data and long distances minutes.

Do a simple test first.  Enable mobile data.  Then, restart your phone to let it configure APN to use data.

If restart does not work, you need to setup APN manually.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

BTW, if you have a LG phone, do a network reset.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@medwolves wrote:

Hi there,

Have you used data previously before using the free data ?

Need Help? Let's chat.