long distance calls

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i paid an option of 10$ for 10 days and i can't call

7 REPLIES 7

Yes it was done and it didn't work !!!

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mostly for future reference .With roaming you're largely at the mercy of the US partner network. For PM customers that's either T-Mobile or AT&T.  The service quality depends on your proximity to a local tower and others have seen coverage ranging from great to spotty depending on location.

When you're in the US, you can check which network you're on, and try forcing a connection by switching from automatic roaming to one of the available networks. Other than that, I don't know what else you can do. And it's really out of PM's hands as well.

You might try contacting the Mod Team and asking for a refund--unlikely  but who knows. Fortunately it's only 8 bucks. Sometimes the better solution is to get a local US travel SIM. Depends on how long you're staying. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1960 wrote:

I am sorry... I understand it is was confusing. What I paid for was the US Roaming 10-Day Talk add-on for 8 dollars. I was not able tocall home in Canada.

@1960 

When you tried to use it did you remember to enable roaming and select a network to use with the addon?

I am sorry... I understand it is was confusing. What I paid for was the US Roaming 10-Day Talk add-on for 8 dollars. I was not able tocall home in Canada.

Roaming option bought - 8 $ for 10 days in the States.paid on March 18, 2019. I have zero balance in my account. Never was able to call and request refund if somebody from Public Mobile get the message. 

It was a bad experience not being able to call home in Canada.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@1960 wrote:

@1960 this message is consfusing.  First of all, there is no $10 add-on to do with calling at all.  Since you mention "for 10 days", it sounds like you bought the US Roaming 10-Day Talk add-on (which is $8).  That add-on is only for calls made to Canadian or US phone numbers, while you are physically in the USA, as well as incoming calls from anywhere in the world while you're in the USA.

Since you're asking about long distance, I'm guessing you mean dialing internationall from Canada.  If so, you purchased the wrong add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1960 wrote:

Are you roaming in the states?

Do you see the amount in your available funds still? 

Do you see the add-on lower down on your overview page? 

Need Help? Let's chat.