cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance add-on discrepancy

spacecadet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am under the $10 a month plan.
For the very first time, I went over the 50 minutes Canada wide limit.  My usage history shows that the total time for all incoming and outgoing calls in the current month is 86 minutes so that I would have expected a difference of 36 minutes displayed on the long distance add-on usage. Instead, it shows 46 minutes. How can that be?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv 

Assuming all settings are standard default...the $10 plan acts the same.

There's a slight difference with global forwarding as opposed to busy etc forwarding between the two.

HI @spacecadet ,

For current IN-MARKET Plans - Note:

If it says "All" under "Originating Location" = this is people calling you and going to voicemail.

• This does NOT deduct from outgoing minutes in the $15 PLAN.

If it says "your province location other than All" under "Originating Location" = this you calling your voice mail from your Public Mobile device.

• This DOES deduct from outgoing minutes in the $15 PLAN.

(If you call your own phone from another device or landline and check your voicemail this way, it will NOT deduct from the outgoing minutes in the $15 PLAN.)

I cannot speak to the $10 plan you are on, it could work the same as the current IN-MARKET $15 plan....others who have been with PM longer or have that plan, may be able to confirm this though.

spacecadet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I do include voicemail (which I never wanted to consult but my stupid Android phone does so on a random basis without my consent)   but @Triguy  is right about the rounded up which I had totally forgotten about (e.g.  0.24 seconds becomes 1 minute) so that I now get the exact figure of 46 minutes I see under the add-on history.  I thank both of you very much for this clarification.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @spacecadet ,

Are you including the calls to voicemail in your calculation? 

This would be four digits ending in 4001. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Current PM plans are based on a 30 day period.

Checking your voicemail also uses your minutes.

Calls are rounded up to the nearest minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.