cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited outgoing minutes

aliabumo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have 3 Public Mobile lines on the $10/month for my kids. The weird thing is that once their 50 minutes are consumed, they are never able to receive any calls. My understanding is that there is a limited outgoing minutes but there's no limit on the received calls. Is my information correct? To whom I may send the lines details to check, please? Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

50 minutes includes incoming and outgonig calls in total. You can buy 200 minutes add-on if more minutes are needed.

I hope it helps you.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It could be clearer about calls in and out. It is 50 mins total which includes incoming and out going Calls in Canada. Also checking your voicemail also counts towards the 50 included minutes. Another thing to keep in mind is that each call is rounded to a minimum  of 1 min no matter even if you were on the call for only 2 seconds. That 2 second call will be rounded to 1 minute. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Ever since I got a Canadian cell phone, all incoming calls were considered billed airtime. Unless "unlimited incoming calls" was stated in the ToS, incoming minutes were billed, taken of an alloted amount or taken off the available balance in my account (depending on the system your provider uses).*

To me your case is "selective reading" on your part, not deceit on Public Mobile's part.

* In some European countries all incoming calls on your cell used to be (or still are) free. But the person initiating the call would pay a higher price for calling a cell phone instead of a landline.

Different approaches, and, unfortunately, you can't have the cake and eat it. But again, the ToS are clear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aliabumo wrote:

Hi, I have 3 Public Mobile lines on the $10/month for my kids. The weird thing is that once their 50 minutes are consumed, they are never able to receive any calls. My understanding is that there is a limited outgoing minutes but there's no limit on the received calls. Is my information correct? To whom I may send the lines details to check, please? Thanks.

There is no deception or hidden truths going on.

You said "The weird thing is that once their 50 minutes are consumed, they are never able to receive any calls.". This is not weird. It's exactly how the $10 plan works. See your next sentence.

You then go on to say: "My understanding is that there is a limited outgoing minutes but there's no limit on the received calls.". This is where the understanding is incorrect and where I guess you believe you have been somehow decieved. The total of all calls in or out is capped at 50 minutes (with some exceptions).

So I paraphrased for you with your wording of how I think maybe your interpretation got crossed up.

There are lots of places this site could be less ambiguous. I don't think this is one of them. You even quote the facts properly. Just your misunderstanding/mis-interpretation.

@aliabumo wrote:

Cool down, @mimmo ,you don't have to be that srcastic. If you are smart enough to know that it's not ambiguous you have to know that not all customers are that smart. I do insist that it should be clearly mentioned that there's a limitation on the number of incoming calls.

Hi, @Anonymous, your intrepretation is comletely right but I didn't mix anything up. I now believe that Public Mobile has intentionally hidden the truth. There shoudln't be any interpretations involved. It has to be mentionted in a straightforward way

Thank you @hzmy & @Lieux for the helpful and polite replies.

I have no option but to switch my lines as I am now convinced that I have been deceived by Public Mobile and i'm also filing a CCTS complaint. I did two similar ones against Fido and against Virgin Mobile and I won. 
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

@aliabumo, I don't think any comment by mimmo was sarcastic, and how has Public Mobile hidden the truth?  They state there are 50 minutes of Canada Wide talk, 50 Outgoing texts and unlimited incoming, Voicemail (with note 9 saying calls to voicemail will deduct from plan minutes).  If they haven't said it is unlimited incoming calling like they did with text messages there isn't.  I don't see how that is hiding the truth to deceive people?  This isn't a sarcastic or mean spirited post it is an explanation that the plan listed is very straightforward for what it does and doesn't offer.

$10.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aliabumo  I was not trying to be sarcastic and I am sorry you felt  that it was. I was pointing out my opinion, and showing how there was even a differentiation evident in your example.

If you feel CCTS is your only opion please read this article as it outlines the CCTS Process. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aliabumo wrote:

Cool down, @mimmo ,you don't have to be that srcastic. If you are smart enough to know that it's not ambiguous you have to know that not all customers are that smart. I do insist that it should be clearly mentioned that there's a limitation on the number of incoming calls.

Hi, @Anonymous, your intrepretation is comletely right but I didn't mix anything up. I now believe that Public Mobile has intentionally hidden the truth. There shoudln't be any interpretations involved. It has to be mentionted in a straightforward way

I have no option but to switch my lines as I am now convinced that I have been deceived by Public Mobile and i'm also filing a CCTS complaint. I did two similar ones against Fido and against Virgin Mobile and I won. 

I don't believe you have been deceived. I believe you just assumed that if incoming texts are unlimited as it stated that extrapolation means that incoming calls would be too, but it clearly states you are just buying 50 minutes of service in your own earlier quote. The fact it is broken down for texts and not broken down for voice shows clearly that there isn't a differentiaton between incoming and outgoing. It even states clearly that Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes. (if you read the details that 9 points to in the offer details button that is on the same page). Not sure how the below could be taken any other way than the minutes are combined.

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

Now if you permit be to be slightly facetious. I interpret your argument being similar to this:

You see a large sign above the shelf that says $20 there are about 50 128 GB MicroSD sitting there. You bought 1 MicroSD at the store, and put 49 more in your various pockets. When security stops you for setting off the gate you tell them, well I bought 1 MicroSD, it never said anything on the sign that the price was for a single unit. I am going to complain to the Better Business Bureau because you are having me arrested for theft after I paid for the 1 MicroSD. The big signs over a shelf full of items is clearly the per unit price without stating it and the average person would realize if it doesn't say you can have more than one for the price then you can not have two+ for the price of one.

The text I quoted above is quite clear that that there are no unlimited minutes by virture there is nowhere does it state there is and I took that from the sign up page for that plan. If you want to complain to the CCTS that you didn't get a service you didn't pay for and wasn't even promised to you, then be my guest. That feels a lot like going to the princepal in grade school and saying Johnny won't share his lunch with you. You were never entitled to Johnny's lunch in the first place so there is no reason to complain about not getting it.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it's clear too, but sorry it didn't work out! Good luck with the next option.

aliabumo

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And you can see their usage history like that to count the minutes if you are uncertain of them..iA928FBCB-BD1A-4240-B654-418D3CBC0996.png

DDAB2ED2-E2B3-4B6C-9A13-C01951AF9E2C.png

3A451804-B7B1-4599-BDA2-F90CDD420C5C.png

First .. plan and add-on in your self serve account... and usage history... and you have the details here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aliabumo wrote:

You're kinda crossing wires with the wording. And you qoute it fine but your interpretation is reversed.

For texting: it's 50 outgoing texts and then unlimited incoming texts

For voice: it's 50 minutes total both incoming and out.

Edit: Maybe a paraphrase works:

"there is a limited outgoing minutes but there's no limit on the received calls"

there is a limited outgoing texts but there's no limit on the received texts

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aliabumo  what is ambiguous  about "50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk"  talk includes both incoming and outgoing.  if it wanted to differentiate between incoming and outgoing it would be stated in a similar manner as the text "50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts"

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aliabumo wrote:

Thank you @Dunkman for the reply.

I'm afraid that it was not clearly mentioned. I quote the plan details as: 

"
My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
  • - 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk" 

Also be aware that voicemail is also counted towards the 50 minutes

aliabumo

Thank you @Dunkman for the reply.

I'm afraid that it was not clearly mentioned. I quote the plan details as: 

"
My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
  • - 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk" 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aliabumo

If you read the fine details, 50 minutes includes both incoming and outgonig calls.  You could buy a long distance add on as that would also give you extra local call minutes.  

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

400 International Long Distance minutes       $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes           $8

$10 plan details:  $10        30-days
  • 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display
Need Help? Let's chat.