cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy conversion using online self-serve help...

ndnk78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,
I wish to convert Public Mobile legacy plan to new one. I've read this post for doing it using *611 call (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Legacy-conversion-too-easy/m-p/145065#M...).
The problem is I forgot my NIP longtime shortly after signup with Public Mobile.
Is there way to do it online thru self-serve (I could not find any tab mentioning "legacy"/"conversion plan", ...)?
OR if not how can I retrieve my NIP to go with *611 procedure (I forgot it ).
Please help.
Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

So, this is why you should still have at this time, voice support by calling 611.  

ndnk78

I'm still on legacy plan since 2014 and pay province-wide talk 25$+tax (equivalent to current $20/m plan). Actually, I have two Public Mobile numbers, and think after conversion would save me about $10/m.

@ndnk78, so you're not on your original plan anymore?  Or are you?

ndnk78

Hello everyone,
Thank @stonechucker, I've called 611 and *611, auto-voice answers gave me no option for talking to a rep. After a while, without entering opt #, I was hung up.

Following @popping advice, I sent a message to Moderator for help...

I'm crossing fingers now.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@ndnk78, if you're still on your legacy plan from before January 2015, you should be able to talk to someone on 611 by voice (as you're on a plan that includes it still), and it's actually the proper method to do this, as they will advise you that you're giving up the voice call access for support by changing to a current plan.

With 611 access, don't waste your time contacting moderators via private messaging.  You're still paying for your voice support via 611.

@stonechucker has a better solution.  While you have a PM rep on the phone, if you do not have your PIN, PM rep may ask you other questions to confirm that you are the owner of your account.  This will save you 2 - 3 days wait for the moderator.

@ndnk78, if you're still on your legacy plan from before January 2015, you should be able to talk to someone on 611 by voice (as you're on a plan that includes it still), and it's actually the proper method to do this, as they will advise you that you're giving up the voice call access for support by changing to a current plan.

With 611 access, don't waste your time contacting moderators via private messaging.  You're still paying for your voice support via 611.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can send a private message to moderator to get your PIN.

lick the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.