cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international texting

4siu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

suppose my plan has international texting but now it show canda-wide texting, why?

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@4siu wrote:

was international text but now is Canada wide text

@4siu it could not have changed on its own from international to Canada-wide texting.  You would have had to have initiated a plan change, and prior to Public Mobile taking away the Canada-wide texting option (grandfathering it and removing it from in-market availability).  

At this point, if you need international texting, you will need to select a new in-market plan which includes it, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@4siu, what are you currently paying for your plan?  Maybe there is an in-market plan that will fit your needs?

As you've been here for a while, you already know about loyalty discounts (I'm assuming you're not a Legacy or Pioneer member), and you may be signed up for AutoPay.

The plan you're on has 1GB of LTE full speed data right now, with Province-Wide calling, and your Canada-Wide texting.

You can get the following options with the following:

1 GB LTE Data, Province-Wide Calling, Internation Text - $42/30-day (minus rewards)

1 GB LTE Data, Canada Wide Calling, International Text - $47/30-day (minus rewards)

3 GB LTE Data, Province-Wide Calling, Internation Text - $120/90-day (minus rewards)

3 GB LTE Data, Canada Wide Calling, International Text - $135/30-day (minus rewards)

If you're not in need of Full Speed LTE, there are cheaper 3G Speed (throttled) plans available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4siu wrote:

was international text but now is Canada wide text

As already mentioned, if you are a long time customer then you might have selected Canada-wide texting somewhere along the way before they all became international without the choice.

Maybe you were pinching pennies at some time and so cut it back to Canada-wide.

4siu

was international text but now is Canada wide textScreenshot_20190305-102705_1.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4siu wrote:

Had try sent text to oversea, doesnt work. Checked plan details that it shows canada wide text.

@4siu 

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page so we can see what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

@4siu, I see by your community registration date of 07-30-2016, you may have been one of the last to get the Canada-Wide texting option.  I am not sure of your exact activation date, as it's not publicly available (nor should it be).  It appears you did select a plan via the builder (before ready-made plans) and got the Canada-Wide texting option.

@4siu, so you've been here for a while, on an old plan, which is no longer available for current activations.

If you need international texting, you'll need to change to a currently offered in-market plan, as there are no text add-on options at this time.

4siu

Had try sent text to oversea, doesnt work. Checked plan details that it shows canada wide text.

Back before the summer of 2016, PM did a plan builder overall, taking AWAY the option for Canada-Wide (only) texting, and left only the International texting option (including Canada) in the plan builder.

Only plans that have not changed to a current in-market plan from the summer of 2016 forward, could still be on a Canada-Wide texting plan still.

If you had International texting previously, you would not be able to go back to only Canada-Wide as it is no longer a plan option.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@4siu wrote:

suppose my plan has international texting but now it show canda-wide texting, why?

Log into My Account and Plan Details will show you what you've subscribed to. PM only offers international texting. You probable got a little confused and have Canada wide calling, but you can text world-wide.. Good luck and welcome to PM

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@4siu wrote:

All PM Plan have International Texting, hope you not mean Canada Wide Calls

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@4siu wrote:

You could try it yourself (If you don't have one, I'll PM you my virtual US number). PM won't bill you per-usage so even if you don't have international, they'll just not send the message.

But anyway, I don't think PM or any other carrier even has Canada-wide texting. They're by default international.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Are you sure it’s not canada wide CALLS and not texts @4siu ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@4siu, what plan do you have?  I have only been here for about 2.5 years.  I have not heard of anything other than international text. 

Just to be sure, I went into my accounts and all show international text. 

Need Help? Let's chat.