cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international text

kkwilliam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how can I purchase add-on for international text?

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@kkwilliam wrote:

thanks for your feedback!

may I set up something like auto-reply as " I am out of Canada. Please contact me via email or whatapp" when incoming call or text?

you can set your voice mail greeting before you leave.

as for sms,  I think there are some auto responder apps and even forwarding apps.  but the sim needs to be in canada in an active phone.

@kkwilliam for SMS, I would suggest you start moving your important conversations over to WhatsApp before leaving Canada.  I'm not sure when you're leaving for your trip, but I would probably start not, whenever you get a text from a friend or family member you want to keep in touch with while away, respond to them asking if you can connect to them on WhatsApp. Get them in the habit of messaging you there instead, before you leave the country.  It's not a perfect workaround, but might get you part of the way there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@kkwilliam wrote:

may I set up something like auto-reply as " I am out of Canada. Please contact me via email or whatapp" when incoming call or text?

you can set your voice mail greeting before you leave.

as for sms,  I think there are some auto responder apps and even forwarding apps.  but the sim needs to be in canada in an active phone.

kkwilliam

srlawren

@kkwilliam wrote:

yes, I am wondering whether I can continue to use while roaming to Asia. Is there any add-on available to buy?

thanks.

@kkwilliam unfortunately, no.  PM does not offer any roaming options other than to the USA.  Outside of US and Canada, you will get no signal at all using your Public Mobile SIM card.  You may want to look at getitng a local pre-paid SIM card from an Asian provider when you land.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kkwilliam

yes, I am wondering whether I can continue to use while roaming to Asia. Is there any add-on available to buy?

thanks.

srlawren

@kkwilliam wrote:

thanks 

@kkwilliam the responses above (aside from @paul5's, but @ShawnC13 already mentioned that) are correct.

However, I wanted to clarify: are you looking to add the ability to text any number internationally while you're in Canada?  Or are you looking for some sort of global roaming feature with the abiltiy to text from elsewhere?  If the latter, please note that the only roaming add-ons availalbe from PM are for roaming in the USA; service anywhere else is unavailable with PM, at any cost.

@paul5 wrote:

got to add on  feature and look for the international texting or better yet change your plan it's worth it

@paul5, you will not find a texting add-on at all so no point even looking in add-ons

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

paul5

got to add on  feature and look for the international texting or better yet change your plan it's worth it

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kkwilliampublic Mobile do not offer any text add-ons at this time. The cheapest plan with a text option is for $25 (unlimited province-wide talk and global text).or you download WhatsApp,Wechat app,you can send unlimited messages for free.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kkwilliam wrote:

thanks 

There are not texting addons if you are on the $10 plan unfortunately you can't get an addon. and would have to get het ulnimited calling and texting plan for $25. If you have a texting plan it is International texting unless you are on a legacy plan that was Canada wide only.  IF that is the case you would need to upgrade to an in market plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one. You can purchase a plan that includes international text, though.

Need Help? Let's chat.