cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international phone calls

gordana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What add ons to purchase to enable international phone calls from Canada and abroad? 

My current plan supports: 

• Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@gordana, if you're staying in Canada, and your family is roaming, they need the roaming package(s), and you can still call their numbers 'locally'.

If they don't have roaming packages available, they can get a local sim, or a roaming sim for Europe, and call back to you.  Perhaps the number they get on their local/roaming sim will be available for you to call and/or text them.

WiFi and data chat/talk apps are also very common to use.  Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Fongo are just a few samples.  Cellular data will also allow the use of these (again, roaming/local SIM required).

@gordana unfortunately Public Mobile is the lowest tier of Telus service.. in Roger's world it would be analogous to Chatr. There are a lot of service options that are available with Rogers but not available with Public Mobile..

gordana

Well again, thanks to everyone. 

This is still very limiting. My family is travelling in Europe and I want to make sure I can call them with no restrictions. 

When I was with Rogers there was a service roam like at home or something like that if I would travel. This was quite convenient as you can use one sim.

Look at places where you can buy long distance calling cards for various international countries.  Get a calling card with a local (to you) access number so you don't incur more charges beyond the calling card.

@gordana wrote:

Thanks, everyone.

But this is a very limited list of countries that do not even include those I was looking for.

Is there any list of countries and how do we find out this? 

Also, If add-ons work only from Canada, what is our option? 

@gordana Unfortunately that is the list. When you are abroad you can purchase a sim locally or you can use third party apps like Hangouts Dialer to call NA via wifi.

@gordanaKoodo has more countries.. so that is an option. Their list is here.

For reference here is Public's list as comparison.

Yes the add on works in Canada only since Public Mobile only works in Canada. (+US with roaming Addon)

@gordana wrote:

Thanks, everyone.

But this is a very limited list of countries that do not even include those I was looking for.

NO more countries from Canada with public mobile....Smiley Frustrated

And the only option as said above is to buy a sim card there and have a plan there...you can have a look at...https://www.gigsky.com/gigsky-data-sim-for-cellular-data-everywhere-you-travel/#coverage and https://www.giffgaff.com/roaming-charges .....or you can have apps with wifi...

gordana

Thanks, everyone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gordana wrote:

What add ons to purchase to enable international phone calls from Canada and abroad? 

@gordana  For international call you will need to purchase an add-on. Please note that the add-on will only work when you call from Canada.

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Public Mobile does not support calling when you abroad unless you are in the US and you will need to purchase a US Roaming add-on for that.

Thanks!

@will13am wrote:

@gordana you need to purchase the $10/400 minute international long distance add-on. 

For a little more...15$Smiley Wink

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@gordana wrote:

Thanks!

Only this one.. FROM CANADA TO THOSE COUNTRIES ONLY

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

$15

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gordana you need to purchase the $10/400 minute international long distance add-on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.