cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international addon

Johnnytheman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im going to mexico in march and will the international call addon be good to call from mexico to canada?

8 REPLIES 8

@snuglebear wrote:

when i 'am in mexcico and want to cal to canada do i have to buy a local sim card in mexcico or in canada

Public Mobile doesn't work in Mexico, you would need to buy a Mexican SIM (which are almost always better value than any Canadian roaming options.)

Or use a VOIP service over your hotel's WiFi. Examples: Hangouts, TextNow, Fongo.

If the person you want to keep in touch with uses a messenger style app like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger (or even FaceTime for iOS users on both sides) you can use that, also via WiFi or a local data plan.

snuglebear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when i 'am in mexcico and want to cal to canada do i have to buy a local sim card in mexcico or in canada

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No 😕 take out your SIM card and use a calling app while you are there

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fongo is a similar principle and also another economical solution.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can only make calls from Canada to Mexico and have to buy a local sim card to make calls from Mexico to anywhere else.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Johnnytheman wrote:

Im going to mexico in march and will the international call addon be good to call from mexico to canada?

The International Add-on only works whilst you're in Canada. PM doesn't have any plans for use in Mx.

I've used free voip app called TextNow...allows you to make and recieve free calls to / from Canada as well as free texting...as long as you have a robust wifi connection. Most resorts/cafe's/bars have free wifi nowadays.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only has US roaming.  You would either have to buy a local sim, Gigsky, or if you have access to wi-fi use apps like Skype, TextNow, or WhatApp.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Johnnytheman wrote:

Sorry no, you'll need a local SIM.  That add-on only works for calls to the countries listed whilst you're in Canada.  PM only has roaming packages for US travel.

Need Help? Let's chat.