cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming text service stopped working

samueleeky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with public mobile more than 3 years. all of sudden, incoming text stopped working around 6 hours ago, and my customers made tons of complaints

14 REPLIES 14

Jodyydoj

I had same thing happen to me I turned off my cell an turned it back on that seemed to work for me

@DanielleMarie wrote:

Hopefully this bug will get fixed soon! They said they were working on it in this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Issue-Resolved-Payment-and-activation-b...

Fixing would be great if that annoucement becomes true but why did it take so long?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully this bug will get fixed soon! They said they were working on it in this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Issue-Resolved-Payment-and-activation-b...

@AE_Collector wrote:

So is it a given that this will happen every time a 10 day US add on with texting expires? Or is it hit and miss? If it always happens and user is back home seems like a good idea to automatically request its removal as soon as back home?

AE_Collector

Every time

So is it a given that this will happen every time a 10 day US add on with texting expires? Or is it hit and miss? If it always happens and user is back home seems like a good idea to automatically request its removal as soon as back home?

AE_Collector

samueleeky

yes, yes, it is my business number and do delivery, three of them got so pissed off for this issues

samueleeky

thank you so much, i will try to find out where the moderator. you are my hero, buddy

@samueleeky wrote:

how can i contact the moderators and have them remove the addon?

thanks lots

Use SIMon (THe ? in bottom right corner of screen)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@samueleeky wrote:

yes, yes, you are right! I use roaming 10 days ago and it expired today

Yo can message the moderators and ask them to manually remove the addon or it will  remove itself in about 24 hours.  I am going to the US on Saturday so I will need to do this as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

samueleeky

how can i contact the moderators and have them remove the addon?

thanks lots

samueleeky

yes, yes, you are right! I use roaming 10 days ago and it expired today

samueleeky

outgoing text working, incoming call and outcoming calling are working. only incoming text stopped

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@samueleeky wrote:

I have been with public mobile more than 3 years. all of sudden, incoming text stopped working around 6 hours ago, and my customers made tons of complaints

Have you recently been to the US and purchased the US roaming addon?  There is a known glitch where after that addon expires you are unable to receive texts for about 24 hours unless you contact the moderators and have them remove the addon

@samueleeky wrote:

Are outgoing texts still working?  For the incoming text issue, is it text from everyone that is an issue or just some?  If it's just for some people, check if the messages were accidently sent to the "archive" instead of the messaging app's inbox.

Sometimes, this might be as simple as restarting the device, especially if there's a possiblity that the text messaging app may have crashed.  I'm sure you're already tired that, but if you haven't, please give that a try.

Need Help? Let's chat.