cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if i accidentally got the ONLY TALK PLAN, can i use the roaming US text ?

mathersi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i got the $20 package for unlimitedcalling instead of the $25 one for unlimited calling and text .

i heard it takes days and days to sort things with mods so im loking for my cheapest opion.

if i go to addns thers a "text for $8 10 days us roaming"... if i add that to my plan, will i only be able to text frm US or can i still text canada to canada? 

any other ideas? I dont want to have to re-buy the $25 plan as i need texting URGENTLY. 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

Fongo liklely wont work as that requires data and this plan does not include data. 

If you just bought in the past day or 2, I would add $25 to your account and do an immediate switch to the $25 plan that includes texting. 

Then you can ask for an account credit of $20 (not a refund, but just a credit that will go towards your next month bill) But you have weeks to wait for the credit and all the while you have the plan you want.

They have no obligation to give a credit, but if you are new and show that you have already moved to the proper plan, they have been know to issue credits.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Fongo could use WiFi though.

There are other "texting"/IM messaging apps out there too. One can also start from an email and it can be received via texting. For Telus that's ###@msg.telus.com . But I don't think there's a way to receive a text other than SMS (or other apps).

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Fongo liklely wont work as that requires data and this plan does not include data. 

If you just bought in the past day or 2, I would add $25 to your account and do an immediate switch to the $25 plan that includes texting. 

Then you can ask for an account credit of $20 (not a refund, but just a credit that will go towards your next month bill) But you have weeks to wait for the credit and all the while you have the plan you want.

They have no obligation to give a credit, but if you are new and show that you have already moved to the proper plan, they have been know to issue credits.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can get fongo voip they have free incoming and and I think you can pay for outgoing

mathersi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i did reply, i managed to use a 1 time online sms receive to fix my need for texting urgently.

hopefully they can fix it in a few days. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mathersi wrote:

i got the $20 package for unlimitedcalling instead of the $25 one for unlimited calling and text .

i heard it takes days and days to sort things with mods so im loking for my cheapest opion.

if i go to addns thers a "text for $8 10 days us roaming"... if i add that to my plan, will i only be able to text frm US or can i still text canada to canada? 

any other ideas? I dont want to have to re-buy the $25 plan as i need texting URGENTLY. 

Roaming add-ons are only usable in the states.

This is an example of a "need" for a texting add-on.

Did you send a private message to the moderators even still?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

USA roaming roaming only works from USA.

Only options are contact mods 2-3 day reply time. Or do immigrate plan change. Option two will to forefit current plan, and no guarantee of getting refund/credit/goodwill from public mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.