cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessaging

BCrtr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I both have iPhones (an iPhone X and an iPhone 7 Plus)  with Public mobile accounts. No changes have been made to our settings but on Tuesday our texts started sending (green instead of blue) as text messages instead of iMessages. All other texts to non Public mobile iPhones still go through as iMessages.

Rep at the Apple store looked at the phones... played/looked at the settings... shut off iMessage and FaceTime...rebooted...sent a few texts and told us that the issue was with my provider.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or is it an issue with the network and my new iPhone that will require a network update?

thnx

16 REPLIES 16

masondking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah thanks. Interestingly the phone prompts me to turn on cell data when I attempt to switch on 'iMessage' (photo 2), but as you can see by the LTE icon it is already on. 

ss1.jpgss2.png

@masondking wrote:

I can't send or receive iMessages with a number recently ported into Public Mobile sounds similar. What was the actual fix to this issue? 

Hi @masondking 

Ensure your:

• data is enabled
  • SMS is enabled
  • MMS is enabled

esjliv_0-1608077740913.png

masondking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't send or receive iMessages with a number recently ported into Public Mobile sounds similar. What was the actual fix to this issue? 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So happy we could help 🙂 Glad everything’s good now. 

BCrtr

Smiley Very Happy Again thanks, pretty amazing that Public mobile has tech support @Rockdaddy22 @srlawren   available at 1:00 in the morning pst (4:00am EST) Smiley Very Happy 

@Rockdaddy22 was nice enough to run a test last night with his phone and it worked, but was still not working on my Public/Telus contacts. I was ready to get up this morning and go to  , but for some unknown reason (no updates or setting changes...or even tinkering this morning) iMessage is working this morning on both phones with all Public/Telus contacts.

First world problem fixed(?) ... this community is amazing 

Rockdaddy22

At least we had it working with 2 public Mobile iPhones 📱 

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 well, some progress anyway eh?  Thanks for the updates!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Not sure if it’s working with the iPhone in question, but when we tested last night it worked.

srlawren

Great!  So is this resolved now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Test was successful 🙂

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 @BCrtr did you guys get to test?

Rockdaddy22

Can I send you a test tonight? If so send me you number in a private message. 

BCrtr

Thnx guys,

We both have over 10Gb’s left in our accounts, and still over a month to go on our 90 day plans. Data is working... Apps are working...Imessages are working just not to Public/Telus contacts (tried with two contacts on Public and one on Telus). As suggested, when I turned off “send as SMS”... it still sends as text and the same if I switch to my ID instead of my number. Great ideas... I’ll give Apple a call tomorrow now that I know it’s working for you.

again thnx

Rockdaddy22

You also have 90 days of free telephone support with , don’t be shy about using it. Maybe they could get you more technical help on the phone than in store. 

Rockdaddy22

I’m using the iPhone X and my girlfriend the  7 Plus. We’re definitely not experiencing these issues on my Public Mobile. 

What happens if you turn off (send as sms) in settings under messages? Also what if you send it to the ID associated with the phone instead of the phone number?

srlawren

@BCrtr just a theory here:  could one or both of your accounts have run out of data?  Are both phones able to browse the web and use other data-consuming apps?

Other than that, I'll defer to my favourite iPhone experts @Luddite and @Rockdaddy22

Need Help? Let's chat.